|
Author Topic:   Missing...
Random Chaos
posted October 19, 1999 03:17 PM            

Where has everyone gone?

Ever since the new version came out this forum has be quiet.

--Random Chaos

Kill all these random dated Edited messages - for those that were wondering, I had dates that haven't occured yet, one the was the 36th of the month, and one that was 1295 AD.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 20, 1999).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 19, 1999 03:21 PM            
Also, LDA:

Is it alright if we use the TM symbol on our fan pages? The symbol I'm talking about follows:

--Random Chaos

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 19, 1999 03:26 PM            
Please enable users to delete their own posts. I accidentally posted the same thing twice.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 19, 1999).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 20, 1999 01:36 AM            
Ok, this is disturbing - where are all of the regular posters!? I haven't seen any of you post in several days. And Longbow - what happened to your daily responces? I know you're busy with more programing, but in the days upcoming to V2.1 you were very active - now you almost never post.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 20, 1999 01:40 AM            
The top post has 4 discreate errors with the "edited" dates - have fun finding them.

IP:

orion
posted October 20, 1999 01:48 AM            
wee. i've been playing single player tm2.1. i did find one bug, however...

perhaps this is purely cosmetic like the negative health values on quake, but, sometimes when you die, your health is "1". it always makes me think, "oh yes! that cruise missle didn't take me... oh wait. nevermind." i don't know if anyone else has encountered this or even pays attention to details like this, but i just thought i'd bring it up. perhaps this post belongs under another section..

------------------
-orion

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 20, 1999 10:58 AM            
Orion: I think I know what you are talking about. Are you refering to the 0 Health thing? If you are, its because health is actual a decimal value (45.35 Health), but when you have less than 1 health but greater than 0 health, it could show up as 0 health. I'm not sure whether TM uses trucating or rounding to handle the partial healths though.

---------------------------

For those of you who are wondering how I have been adding images to the posts, here is how:

Using the UBB code, type [img] and [/img] around the image URL.

Here are the icons from the post headers:
/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon1.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon10.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon11.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon12.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon13.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon2.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon3.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon4.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon5.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon6.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon7.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon8.gif

/forums/archive/ubb/icons/icon9.gif

--Random Chaos

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 20, 1999).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 20, 1999 02:19 PM            
I, for one, have been trying to get my %^&*%$ computer to work since last wednesday. Amazing things can happen when a CPU fan goes. geez!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 20, 1999 02:32 PM            
Yeah - I can believe it.

Its just that this forum has suddenly been quiet lately!

IP:

sno
unregistered
posted October 20, 1999 06:50 PM           
i don't think i've ever seen some one reply to themselves so many times

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 20, 1999 09:06 PM           
Hmm, I don't see any bad dates here. Maybe it was a temporary thing?

Using the logos is OK, but try to stick a "TM" beside it and/or a note that "Tread Marks" and the Tread Marks logos are trademarks of Longbow Digital Arts, Inc. I'll try and get versions of the logos up with "TM" embedded in the graphic themselves at some point.

Random, I think you're an addict. Which is good. Heh. There are other things that take priority over posting replies in an already active forum though... but I do read _everything_ that comes through here.

The 1 health thing is a fix gone awry. I clamped at 1 to avoid seeing 0 health while still alive, but what I should do is clamp at floating point 0.0 and then multiply by 100 and add 0.99 before chopping to integer.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 01:46 AM            
The bad dates thing was edited out of my message by myself - decided that the list was already long enough and not to add extrainious stuff.

Sno, replying to myself was only so I didn't have to start 5 new threads! And of course that almost no one else was on.

Longbow: I know you read the post - its just that we were not having any posted relies by most people and I was getting board with the inactivity of the 3 days or so .

IP:

up the beach
unregistered
posted October 21, 1999 11:10 AM           
hey- I've got a problem...downloaded dxball2 to another computer that just died last week. Now I have new replacement computer. Paid LDA by credit card but do not have the game anymore ...

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted October 21, 1999 03:17 PM            
Send us an e-mail with whatever order info you can remember and we'll fix you up.

IP: