|
Author Topic:   Weapon Mod Question:
Random Chaos
posted October 18, 1999 12:54 AM            
Is there anyway to cause a weapon to explode on launch? I have tried forcing the weapon to be released inside the tank and setting the time delay to mininum. Unfortunately, at high speed, it still explodes behind you. I need this in order to get the EMP on my Chaos server working right. Its suposed to explode against you, but every thing but splash damage and push are set to zero (no kick, no damage). Its a very good weapon, but at high speed, you wind up injuring yourself instead.

P.S. - My chaos server is up tonight (10/17/99) - its at RC's Chaos Server.

--Random Chaos

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 18, 1999 01:59 AM            
Two other questions:

1: How do you make a weapon projectile spawn a second weapon that imediatly detonates at the explosion site?

2: How do you do screen captures? I can't seem to find the files anywhere on the computer when using F12. It slows down and looks like its writing to the HD, but no file appears when you quit.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 18, 1999 08:55 AM            
BBS Question:

What determines the rank of the poster? There is New Member and Member - plus Mod and Admin. Any others that we haven't seen?

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 18, 1999 02:15 PM           
Try setting the Launch Coords so that the projectile comes from the center of your tank, in addition to setting the SelfHitDelay extremely low, and setting LaunchInertia to 1.0. This will cause the projectile to start in the tank, moving the same speed as the tank, with the ability to hit the tank almost immediately.

You should be able to make a second projectile by either having the primary projectile Chain another projectile when launched, or have the explosion that the projectile creates chain another projectile at the point of impact. Craters are transmitted on a separate "channel", so making a new entity that was server-only would probably be OK.

For screen shots you'll need to create the directory specified in the config.cfg, which by default is c:\tempshots\.

A New Member is a Member that has made less than 10 posts. Moderators are staff members with powers within their forums. I'm the Admin, and I think that's it, other than Unregistered.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 18, 1999 02:26 PM            
Ah - so thats what the inertia variable does

I tried chaining the explosion to a second projectile, but the second projectile never effected anything. Any other ideas?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 18, 1999 02:28 PM            
Also, having a projectile create a second one at launch won't work for what I am trying to do. Since these are tracking weapons, they need to follow the same path. What I am trying to do is create a nuke explosion with a crater wall.

Also, what do the various variables for tracking control do? Haven't figured them out.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 18, 1999 02:59 PM           
Did you specify it as "projectile/typename"? You need a fully qualified class/type name if you'll be spawning a class of entity other than the one expected, in this case "explo".

GuideSpeed is the general "force" of guidance (projectiles guide more strongly the more they are pointing at a target), GuideMax is a maximum cap on the guidance force, so if you have a huge guidespeed and a low guidemax the projectile will guide slowly but steadily even when not pointing at a target. GuideRamp is the number of seconds after launch before guidance ramps up to full, and GuideBias is the boost that targets in front of the projectile get when deciding who to track.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP: