|
Author Topic:   things i think this game needs
sno
unregistered
posted October 07, 1999 07:49 PM           
mouse turret control
the ability to drop current weapon
the tanks should have a higher acceleration
tank self heal up to 50(1 unit of health per 10 seconds)
more starting main gun ammo
small field in which turret can be aimed up and down

and i thought of a few cool gameplay modes

ctf- well, the person who takes the enemy flag cannont also pick up a weapon(would have to drop current weapon to get flag)

tag- person get 2 frags for killing the person who is "it"(marked by a flag they carry), when you kill whoever is it, you get no special weapons, but infinite main gun ammo, and 2 frags for each kill you get while "it" and an extra frag every 25 seconds of having the flag, normal non-it to non-it kills still would be one frag

hazards- a deathmatch, but with hazards, stuff like randomly falling nukes, n` stuff

these are my idea's , for this rocking game, which is one of the funnest dm game's i've ever played

IP:

sno
unregistered
posted October 08, 1999 01:12 AM           
here is another one,

-"classic" tank war mode

no pickups, just unlimited main gun ammo, for that need to satify that good old "classic battlezone" need(you know, the good old one that could be found in arcades 8)

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 08, 1999 12:09 PM           
Mouse control is in, I'll probably give the tanks more starting ammo, unlimited main gun/no power ups mode sounds good, and so does tag. As for hazards, we do have a map with a mountain that shoots nukes every 10 seconds. It's called Armageddon.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

sno
unregistered
posted October 08, 1999 08:32 PM           
and ctf?

I WANT MY TEAM-PLAY-FLAG-THEFT GAME!!

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 09, 1999 12:23 PM           
If we have time. Fancy team games usually require a fairly large number of players or they get boring (though bots might help), so part of that will depend on the on-line Tread Marks community expanding a lot once we release. Team games might have to wait for an after-release patch, but we'll see. I want to get team play, period, in though.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 09, 1999 01:20 PM            
If you do plan to use bots, use them only as a flag defence. If you've ever played StarSeige, similar to the Mars War multiplayer with 3 bots on each team doing defence so that the players can engage in offence.

Also, if you use bots, make sure that they are constrained to a certain zone. In the StarSeige one, the bots will follow you back to your base and then engage with your bots -- mutual annhilation.

--Random Chaos

IP:

sno
unregistered
posted October 09, 1999 03:19 PM           
i just though of something really cool

alright, if your going to add ramming damage

if you have a nuke, and ram into an enemy tank, how bout the bomb detonates, or if someone rams into you?,

mutually assured destruction

but if you kill em, the normal way(with guns n` stuff) it just gets dropped back onto the field, for some one to pick up

IP: