|
Author Topic:   possible suggestion
orion
posted September 30, 1999 11:36 PM            
when your tank is destroyed, it respawns with the turret at it's previous angle. when something it destroyed, it usualy comes back with all new properties... health, weapons, etc...

it would be nice if, when respawned, the turret angle is reset to the default..
also, is any music included with this test? i turned music on, but i couldn't hear anything during gameplay or in the gui. if no music is included, is there any way to iunclude some of our own..? make a music directory under sound? i need music!~

just some thoughts. other than that, WHOO. i can't stop playing. hurry up and finish TM. =)

------------------
-orion

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 02, 1999 04:33 AM           
Yeah, resetting the turret is officially on the todo list now.

And to add music, just make a Music folder under Sound if there isn't one already, and put mono WAV files into it. I thought I put a mention in the readme, but maybe I forgot.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

orion
posted October 02, 1999 04:42 AM            
i checked the readme as soon as i noticed no music, and the only thing i saw in there was the 'there's no music in the test' note =)
i tried the multiplayer out, and it was great. a little jerky, but with my bandwidth, nothing short of excellent.
you say MORE weapons? i already have a huge assortment, but more is always appreciated =)
ever had a machine gun-nuke? makes for good screenshots.

------------------
-orion

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 07, 1999 02:39 PM            
Machine gun nuke is simple -- edit the Entities/Weapons/Nuke.ent file with any text editor. Change the reloaddelay line to be real low (say 0.01). Increase the ammo real high (say 100). Make the nuke common enough that you can find it easily in the game to try out this change, set the weight moderatly high (say 100 or 150).

WALLA: Machine Gun Nuke

Also, so you can undo the old controls, add the following into the .ent file -- for each changed line, add #aaaaaaaa=nnn where aaaaaaaa=nnn is the original line. (Then just switch the # to the new tag rather than on the old tag and you're back to default.)

--Random Chaos

IP:

orion
posted October 07, 1999 10:10 PM            
my statement was that the nuke machine gun was nifty. i had already tweaked one of my own =)

gets a little laggy when 50 nukes are going off at once, though. and the firing delay rate for the nuke is actually very low. all you have to do is increase the damage and the speed. =)

------------------
-orion

IP: