|
Author Topic:   How's the networking?
LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted September 29, 1999 10:39 PM           
There don't appear to be any Dedicated Servers up on the net yet, but hopefully that will change before too long. Let me know how you find the networking performance to be. This is the first time it will be getting a major work-out over the Internet. If there are problems, there will still be time to fix them before the final game.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 07:58 AM         
THe network perf is quite good, if u ask me, even with a low (300+) ping via internet u can play pretty well. Nice job.

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 01:54 PM         
k, i'll have a Server on line a few hours each day. Look out for mutant's server.

IP:

Inferno-99
posted September 30, 1999 04:47 PM            
hi guys!
we put up a pretty neat review of your demo today on www.gamesurf.de. itīs in german, sorry
i didnīt get any network tests done today, and canīt put a server yet. (company just moved.. till itīs settled fully and all the network is moved, too weīll all be behind a save firewall.) but hopefully i can get some guys at company to do at least a nice LAN test. than iīll let you know.

nice job on the game! great fun!! )

cya!

Inferno

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 01, 1999 07:09 AM           
Cool, thanks!

Looks like you can use:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

To translate the whole web page a bit at a time by entering its URL into the text box.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

lol
posted December 14, 2004 02:00 PM            
::Edited for content:: --Coax

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 14, 2004).]

IP:

synack
posted December 14, 2004 02:08 PM         
This is lower than low.

I'm really saddened that anyone would do this. This guy really has to be a social outcast.

Jim, I know it would be alot of work, but you may wish to consider locking all of Seumas' threads.

If I had the authority, I'd ban this idiot from the BBS.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 14, 2004 03:31 PM            
User has been permanently banned.

IP:

synack
posted December 14, 2004 03:35 PM         
Much appreciated.

Hopefully, we're the only two who saw that.

IP:

pablito
posted December 14, 2004 04:14 PM            
I would consider matching his identity with a user name and block his ip! (and sending various malicious programs).
Too bad I don't hack!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 14, 2004 04:33 PM            
Pass me the ip, ill see if this user has been on the DMF, maybe i can get an identity. Also, ill perma ban there too.

I dont know what i missed, but i concur with my friends comments here. This is a most unkind act.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 14, 2004 04:45 PM            
If anyone needs his ip so he can be banned off servers let me know.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted December 14, 2004 07:10 PM            
I've seen the user before...wasn't he the one who led a few of us into a malicious code site previously??

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted December 14, 2004 08:16 PM            
Even this is news to me.... but whatever helps, i did a trace and provided coaxs with all the info you would ever need. Ive banned him from DMF.

IP:

synack
posted December 14, 2004 09:00 PM         
We all have our differences from time to time, but some things cut to the quick.

It's good to see the family pull together when it's really meaningful.

For those of you who thankfully didn't see the offending post, Rixy's comment sums it up. It was, in a word and understated, unkind.

I am heartened by the quick, decisive response in the face of a cruel act by an insensitive idiot. I really will sleep better tonight. Truly, I will.

Peace.

synack

IP: