Like the Nukes?

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 06:25 AM         
it does run on my system. BUT.
-only in software mode -> SLOW
-hardware mode shows splash screen, then returns to windows without any message or comment.

my system again:
AMD k6-2 300
voodoo banshee
(+ ati rage 3d pro + s3 virge - both disabled)
128Megs/12Gigs
win98 release 2

Still, i love the trees. Keep it going like that. Will try network play later, i think.
Should i try and physically remove the two other graphics adapters?

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 07:54 AM         
RING THE ALARUM BELLS!

Map RAMP error?

k, i was peacefully testing LAN dedicated Server, when suddenly, near a very steep slope (maybe >the< ramp?), left of which is some river or lake, the forward motion of my tank stopped and changed into a sideways motion about 90 degrees from the main ramp direction and my prior movement dir. tried again, happened again.

well? any suggestions?

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 07:57 AM         
tried again over internet connection, worked.

IP:

il_mutanto
posted September 30, 1999 01:51 PM         
Works now... It was the splash screen. That bloody little critter of a useless piece of programmer's work prevented TM2 from starting. Damn. Looks AWESOME now. Still, I have to admit the bug in 'the ramp' is still there. sometimes. Maybe it IS a real bug, after all.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 01, 1999 07:15 AM           
Since the Banshee should be able to handle all your needs, it might be safest to phsycally remove the other two video cards from the system to avoid possible OS confusion.

As the the "Ramp error", that's a "feature" of networking at the moment in that you go a little nuts if you drive more than 500 meters "off map", which isn't normally a problem if you stick around the respawn spots, and thus all the action. This will be fixed somehow later, but right now it's a matter of saving networking bandwidth, and a fix would be a tad on the tricky side.

------------------

IP:

Chris C
posted October 06, 1999 05:17 AM         
Hi,

I've encountered a strange problem where the menu graphics (Tread Marks logo + Options screen logo) are all pink/purple in colour! This problem also seems to affect billboarded sprites (ie. the trees), which makes for some interesting scenery! I have my suspicions that this could be a driver problem for my Matrox G400, but I'd thought I'd just mention it, in case it's not!. The rest of the game is fine and looks very nice indeed - I'm currently testing on a AMDK62/450, 64Mb RAM, Matrox G400 32Mb.

Chris

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 06, 1999 05:26 AM           
It's likely a driver problem, as I've seen texture corruption on the G400 in the past, but the game has been running fine so far on a set of (I believe) GLSetup 1.06 installed drivers under Windows 98.

Just recently I came across a really funky texture corruption problem on the G400 when I Alt-Tabbed away and then back to the game. The menus were, like, far out. Alt-Tabbing should be improved soon, so that it restores your desktop res properly.

------------------

IP:

mars
posted October 10, 1999 04:19 AM            
Well, actually, I have a Mystique G200 and have been testing various drivers and support mainly for OpenGL. And I must say that it is not the G400 that has the problems. It is the driver support for it. Matrox is still working on the drivers for the G200/G400 series cards with support for OpenGL. And on their website you will even find their updates and info on know bugs and fixes for every update. I believe the latest update, Powerdesk 5.30, was on 10/9/99. It even says on the web page that one of the known problems was that alt+tab thing...mainly ALL alt+'something'. I have given up with their latest drivers because I am having a lot of trouble with Direct3D and stuff. So alternatively, I have re-installed my original drivers and upgaded to their 4.33(Powerdesk). And I am using SciTech for gldirect. It's cool! This company made 'alternative' OpenGL drivers that give OpenGL games the support needed and transfer all the video data over to DirectX! It's a 3rd party but it works great! Unfortunately, I have to get a memory upgrade for my card since I only have 8MB. Because Tread Marks graphics detail is so good that it 'floods' my cards memory making the video look weird. I have had this happen in other games and my steps in fixing it was killing trilinear buffering, 32-bit buffering, polygon acceleration, graphics detail, screen size(resolution), and color depth. But for the G400, none of my problems should apply if 32MB is installed - what really sucks about my problem is I have 8MB video ram and 256MB main ram!
Well I hope this helped anyone out there with Matrox cards or driver issues!
-MARS

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 10, 1999 12:08 PM            
How long before you release Beta 2.1? You keep talking about the changes you've made to it and I can't wait to use mouse support.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted October 11, 1999 05:20 AM           
I meant drivers, sorry. The G400 card itself kicks major ass for fill rate. At least they keep updating them, so they are getting better.

Test 2.1 should be out in a day or two. I've sort of committed myself to getting Team Play in for 2.1 now, and there are more little issues than I expected for even basic team play (mostly config/option/display issues, not any problems with the basic architecture in the game).

------------------

IP: