|
Author Topic:   Something not right about RBT
Casper
posted June 06, 2005 01:50 PM         
Something is not right about Rival Ball Tournament.

There is only 23 rounds in the arena-set Fishing. I played Fishing and found out there is only 23 rounds (and it is impossible for those 25 rounds to be played). Is it my imagination or is it really the problem.

Example High Score Set:
Set: Fishing (#1)
Opponent: Mister Fusion (Lv6)
Board: 25 (this is a problem)
Score: 438320

Set: Fishing (#2)
Board: 25 (this is also a problem)
Score: 428300

Set: Fishing (#28)
Board: 23 (now this is the right number as if it cannot exceed 23)
Score: 330560

Set: Fishing (#66)
Opponent: Wrought Iron (Lv2; very difficult to reach if you play against Wrought Iron)
Board: 23 (now this is the right number as if it cannot exceed 23)
Score: 211812

------------------
Super DX-Ball rocks. Always try to pick up Fast Ball and not too many Expand Paddles or the Kill Paddle will get you (Normal Difficulty only). Also always try to pick up Extra Life and Grab Paddle.

IP:

JUST FOR FUN
posted June 07, 2005 03:47 PM            
If you buy the Rival Ball Tournament Expansion Pack then Fishing will have 25 boards.

It's kinda like a bonus.

[This message has been edited by JUST FOR FUN (edited June 07, 2005).]

IP:

Casper
posted June 07, 2005 05:25 PM         
Oh Really. I didn't have the Expansion Pack yet. So therefore, you only get 25 rounds with the RBTXPack. Otherwise it is only 23 (I continue to advance through the campaign. This also tells me that RBTFVersion has 148 boards, RBTXPack fills that 2-board gap. Thank you for answering question. Unfortunatly I will continue to record in Seumas's Memory.

I would like to know how to beat Mister Fusion. I am having some problems. I will continue to try and beat him until then, then I will really knock his socks off.

Looks like I am luckly knocking Miseter Fusion's Socks off=].

------------------
Super DX-Ball rocks. Always try to pick up Fast Ball and not too many Expand Paddles or the Kill Paddle will get you (Normal Difficulty only). Also always try to pick up Extra Life and Grab Paddle.

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited June 07, 2005).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 07, 2005 05:39 PM            
Oh ho ho-ho!

Now THAT'S a secret!

Just kidding my friend

Well, you should train in your skills of aim and catch!

Once you learn to controll the ball with the paddle--and aim it about wherever you want (without the catcher *breath in*), you should have better chances to win!

Also keep in mind that breaking bricks with a normal ball, gives more point than if you broke it using the flamethrower, guns, fireball or lightning

Please read the RBT ReadMe file located in your RBT directory, or the startmenu. It includes tips and strategies which also shows up before each board you play.

Good Luck!

------------------
.::a.k.a. tey RB/RBT online::.

IP:

Casper
posted June 07, 2005 05:47 PM         
Keep in there Mister Skull Man. I'm doing pretty good (as of now). Board 14/25 with 93860 on last life! If I quit in the middle of the round, I will start fresh when I resume the campaign.

Ouch, Mister Fusion got me on board 14 (and there went my last life). I would of received this message if I had saved and quit:
This is your last life. If you quit now, you will start fresh when you resume the campaign.

And the multipliers help =]. And I do not use Hundreds of aborted matches, I only save/quit at the end of each round if neccesary.

I one time scored like 40K points in FreeWare with no aborted matches [I enabled 2x, 5x, Catch, Split Ball and put Frequency to 200%, just to help make some fancy moves ]

I will continue to record scores in Seumas's memory.

Looks like you managed to beat my score. I am sorry about changed power-ups/frequency. I was thinking that would help. I still do not use 100s of aborted matches!

And I still got around 30K (except I didn't have the full version yet) on FreeWare with no aborted matches or changed power-ups. Ha ha ha ha. Scored 7520 points on Board 1 (against Mister Fusion after Difficulty Bonus calculated) with 1 life lost.

Boom again!
Mister Fusion got me. I ended with 12920 points (only completed 2 boards).

Played another match with Mister Fusion.
Got 5700 points (after Difficulty bonus) and on last try. Mister Fusion got me again (could only complete 1 board, I am usually unlucky against Mister Fusion).

Third Match against Mister Fusion on FreeWare (I had RBT FW folder contents inside RBT which erased any score I put in). On board 1, scored 8520 points (after bonuses calced).

On board 2, beat him again! Total score: 15040

On board 3, he beat me once but I beat him again! Total score: 21460

On board 4, beat him again! Total score: 29580

On board 5, beat him again! Total score: 33440 (this time I moved RBT FW folder so that it won't erase any further scores.

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited June 08, 2005).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 08, 2005 05:13 AM            
Nice score!

But I prefere to not play with the powerups settings edited, as they can't be changed while online. This is a bug of course, and LDA should be aware of it.

My best score is 58720, with all powerups and a frequency of %100. That's even better than my 5x 2x 200% score, LOL!

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited June 08, 2005).]

IP:

Casper
posted June 08, 2005 06:56 PM         
That is a very impressive score Skull Man. I wonder why those scores are very high!

Rival Ball... Same here except I see 6 scores that appear to be hacked!
Find them here {Content moved to this post}.

Also, do not forget that I do not know how is it possible to score at least 100M points without playing that many boards!

If you would like to improve your RB Score a little more? {Link is unavailable due to some adjustments}

I noticed you, Skull Man, considered Fury a cheater (for 1000s of aborted matches)!!!

Anyway, I discovered 4 RBT problems so far:

• Announcement boarders on your side is always blue, even if you are red. I am unable to solve this.
  • Sometimes if you change display or minimize, the whole screen becomes fuzzy. You may want to save and quit to solve this.
  • When you get RBTFull (not Expansion Pack), the Arena-Set Fishing has only 23 boards. RBTXPack fills that gap up (again, this problem has been solved)
  • The profile says Firefly never punches, in the game, Firefly actually punches but very rare.

And known 2 RB Problems:

• When you switch Display Type or minimize it, it turns black (bricks and paddle are invisible). This problem is solved by switching background textures to Textured or Half-Bright. If you had Textured or Half-Bright before, you minimize or switch display, this problem is negated.
  • Whenever you resume game (when paused) or change background textures, the whole field slows down a bit, then goes to full speed. I don't pause very often except a cool down.

Hacked Scores for RB:
    Board Set: Rival Ball Split (#1)
    Repeat Mode: Disabled
    Random Mode: Disabled
    Time: No Limit
    Difficulty: Easy
    Board: 4
    Score: 541,425,690 (that score can never be reached!)

Board Set: Rival Ball Full (#3)
    Repeat Mode: Activated
    Random Mode: Activated
    Board: 5
    Score: 582,169 (that score cannot be reached with those settings!)

Board Set: RB Equalizeral (#1)
    Board: 8
    Score: 566,112 (that score cannot be reached!)

Board Set: RB Searching for Bucephalas (#1)
    Board: 5
    Score: 420,475 (that score cannot be reached!)

Board Set: RB Variations on a Dream (#1)
    Score: 215,684,058 (that score can never be reached!)

Board Set: Rival Ball Split (#5)
    Score: 475,176 (that score cannot be reached with those settings!)

Continuing with the RBT Scoring:
    Board 1 of Sword and Chivalry (against Mister Fusion): Made some fancy moves against him (and scored 8900 points).
    Board 2: Got him again (total score: 18400)
    Board 3: Got him again, this time I did not use the Guns and Flamethrower, even though I did pick them up =] (Total Score: 26600).
    Board 4: Got him again, didn't use the Flamethrower very often (Total Score: 33440
    Board 5: Lost against Mister Fusion, trying again. Lost against Mister Fusion again, retrying. Lost against Mister Fusion again, last try. Lost against Mister Fusion again, GAME OVER! Total Score: 33440

Watch out! Look at the scores often.

Luckly beaten Mister Fusion on Sword and Chivalry [and beaten the whole campaign with a total score of 796728 points (80080 for Firefly; 91464 for Wrought Iron; 144245 for Cutter; 135264 for Helix; 145255 for Vort; 200420 for Mister Fusion)]

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited June 12, 2005).]

IP: