|
Author Topic:   And 100's and 100's of aborted matches....
FURE
posted March 10, 2005 01:37 PM            
Cheating????? How can you call that cheating? That is just hard work!! I'm not doing anything that any other player can't do. Lighten up! It's just a game

------------------
DEATH BY FURY

IP:

Skull Man
posted March 12, 2005 07:38 AM            
http://www.trials-shack.co.uk/posting.html

It is ALWAYS Better to post in an Existing Thread than to START A NEW ONE ...

Ahem!

I'm not referring to aborted matches...

Besides Rival Ball, which saves your current score and bricks broken, Rival Ball Tournament will only save the board reached.

This turns into a great advantage, as the player is able to replay the same board over and over again until he/she has reached a satisfying score.

I know this is how they reach the top scores... but it's still not the right thing to do...

------------------
.::a.k.a. tey RB/RBT online::.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited March 21, 2005).]

IP:

FURE
posted March 13, 2005 03:28 AM            
Not so fast Skull Man.

If quiting a board was without penalty, then I would agree with you.
But each time a board is played over, it costs a life! Run out of lives on board 19 trying to reach a "satisfying score" and the game is over
So along with being good, posting a top score involves strategy and saving a few lives for the rare occasion that Mister Fusion wins one. Unfortunately, there is no bonus for all the extra lives left over at the end of the game.

BTW, thanks for the "thread etiquette"

------------------
DEATH BY FURY

IP:

Skull Man
posted March 13, 2005 08:56 AM            
Not sure, but it seems to be a bug... Even though I found a way around it;

If you got one life left, the game will restore it back to three once you save and quit!!

That's something to take care of LDA!

------------------
.::a.k.a. tey RB/RBT online::.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited March 16, 2005).]

IP:

FURE
posted March 21, 2005 01:21 PM            
SKULL MAN wrote:

"Not sure, but it seems to be a bug... Even though I found a way around it;
If you got one life left, the game will restore it back to three once you save and quit!!"

I tried that as soon as I read your post and it didn't work for me. Maybe I did it wrong but I'm glad because that could be considered cheating. And why did you edit out the part about the list of other "bugs" you've found? They must not work very well to increase the player's score or someone would have used them to beat me. I think all info about a game should be shared so no-one has an unfair advantage. I'd like to see what the other bugs do just for fun. If you don't want to post them here then email me directly. BTW, I think it's awsome that I'm talking to someone in Norway!

------------------
DEATH BY FURY

IP:

Skull Man
posted March 21, 2005 04:45 PM            
Sorry, but I never posted any bug list in last post...

There is nothing to hide. I just mentioned that I WILL make a list as soon as I've catched them all

So far, this is what I got:

• Advanced options (Powerups) can't be edited online
  • The red and blue announcement boarders don't swap their positions as you change the player colour. This means your boarder will stay blue, even if you're red player.
  • Red player doesn't have any graphically image of the grey goal lantern. (This is what I ment when I mentioned the lanterns, Rob )

That's it for now, including my last post.

If I manage to find any others, I'll probably post a new thread with a full list.

And of course, I agree with you about sharing tips and tricks, just as long they're not bugs.

quote:
BTW, I think it's awsome that I'm talking to someone in Norway!

Isn't the internet fantastic?
Well, sorry if my english don't work out. I feel I've done better other places (for instance another forum), but when I enter THIS board, the situation turns... oh well.

Click here for more information on UBB Code including quotes.

IP:

Skull Man
posted March 23, 2005 12:34 PM            
I have to admit I was wrong about the "saving bug".
There is no bug, and the explanation has beamed into my face every single time I've saved a game, without me noticing! (See how easily these important notes are ignored!!)

Whenever you're going to save a game, as long as you have more than one life remaining, a little notice above the save and continue buttons says:

If you quit now you will forfeit the game and loose a life. If you resume the game you will have to replay this round.
You may save and quit without penalty on the bonus screen at the end of any round.

And when you only have one life remaining:

This is your last life. If you quit now you will be unable to resume the game later.

Sorry if this caused any confusion.

IP: