|
Author Topic:   Freeware 1.0.1 Beta is available
ldarob
Administrator
posted May 28, 2004 06:07 PM            
I've just posted an updated freeware version to our website. This update attempts to fix a number of the issues that have been raised on this forum, particularly the spectating problem.

Unfortunately since I was unable to duplicate the problem on our test machines I've posted this update as a beta release so I can test it further.

If anyone is interested in trying out this update you can download it at http://www.ldagames.com/downloads/RBTBeta.exe

If things go well, a release version of 1.0.1 will be available next week, including a full version.

rob

IP:

Woodenshoe
posted May 30, 2004 07:02 AM         
Hi Rob,
I get the following error message when I do the upgrade.

Error connecting to master server for game room list. Make sure you are connected to the internet and then click refresh to try again.

I am connected to the internet and everything else works. Basically I can not get onto the longbow digital arts game room with this new version.
I have the same problem with rival ball after I upgraded that one.
Once I get rid of the upgrade, everything works fine.
Any suggestions? I use Windows XP but since the program works fine with the old version, I don't think it has to do with my computer??
Thanks for the help.

IP:

cirrus
posted May 31, 2004 12:56 AM         
Used the Beta, but to no avail...not sure what it's supposed to do anyway!!

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 31, 2004 01:10 PM            
To Woodenshoe, what happens if you click 'Find' and enter the address 38.112.120.110 and then click 'OK'. That should find the game room without using the master server.

Was it working with Rival Ball 1.5.1 before you installed the new RBT beta or was this happening before?

To Cirrus:
The beta contained a few bug/feature changes but was mainly a test to see if a potential fix for the spectating bug worked. I gather from your comments that you've still had the game lock up when spectating?

rob

IP:

cirrus
posted May 31, 2004 02:28 PM         
Rob,
yes, and the boards from Form and Function are not there either--at least--not all 25!!

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 31, 2004 02:44 PM            
Form and Function, that's a Rival Ball set. I assume you mean the Shape and Form set in RBT. I have fixed the bug that was only allowing people to play the first 8 boards but the beta I posted on friday was only a freeware version which won't play the shape and form set at all.

Just to check, for those who were playing the full version, the beta I released friday will install into a different directory and launch from the desktop using a different icon. The desktop icon is called RBT Freeware and the start menu path is Programs/LDA Games/Freeware/RB Tournament. You can also tell the difference because the main lda logo in the menu will be subtitled freeware and you'll get the full version splash screen when you exit the game.

If this was the case you may not have noticed a difference because you were still playing the old version. The new one will also say 1.0.1 in the top right corner of the menu.

rob

IP:

cirrus
posted May 31, 2004 07:08 PM         
I stand corrected...as usual, you don't miss a beat...
And yes, I noticed that the beta was a "freeware" only...only after about an hour though!!!

IP: