|
Author Topic:   Spectate causes lockup
roy7
posted May 13, 2004 08:34 PM            
Each time I go into "Games", the game ends up locking up on me. It is after it requests permission to spectate from a game on the list. I have yet to try with my firewall turned off however. I use Windows XP.

Anyone else seen this?

IP:

roy7
posted May 13, 2004 08:52 PM            
I tried it with firewall and virus scanner off, no joy.

It doesn't actually crash the computer, just the game itself locks up. When it says "requesting perimssion to spectate" the mouse is locked up and I'm done. I can get to the windows taskbar and alt-tab around, but the screen never updates to other programs, RBT stays frozen on the screen. I have to reboot to get back to normal.

Thanks for any tips.

IP:

roy7
posted May 13, 2004 09:00 PM            
Hmm, attempt 4 or 5 it worked and it's still working. Odd. I also moved the game to windowed mode so if I lock again I can kill it and just restart.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 13, 2004 09:39 PM            
I had it lock up three or four times myself...might actually be the players connections that are causing the lock-up..I found that the slower connections cause a lot of lag and lock.
Just an idea..

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 17, 2004 01:43 PM            
Thanks for the info and sorry about any problems. I am aware of a lockup issue when spectating, I'm looking into it and will hopefully have it solved in the first RBT update.

rob

IP:

posted May 26, 2004 01:41 AM            
yes...moving to window would make a difference...will try that.

IP: