|
Author Topic:   Rankings
ldarob
Administrator
posted April 22, 2004 04:35 PM            
There was a brief discussion in-game today regarding the ranking system for RBT. Our current plan was to keep it the same as Rival Ball but with a monthly reset so new players have a hope of catching up in the rankings. There were a few objections to this so I thought I'd post it to the forums to get a few opinions. Alternatively we could weight number of games less and win/loss ratio more. The current system is a simple (2 * wins) - (losses + disconnects).

rob

IP:

Skull Man
posted December 17, 2004 06:26 AM            
I never noticed this old thread...

Some people play like crazy to rank higher, and the competition about being ranked 1st may sometimes end up in a quarrel.

If you've left the game for about a month or two, your rank may’ve been thrown back to the stone age. It's hard to struggle the way up back again, not to mention that there really never ARE any players online, which also worsen the situation.

Even tho it may be hard for other high ranked players to handle it, I think resetting the rank sounds most fair.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited December 17, 2004).]

IP:

DJ
posted December 17, 2004 09:23 AM         
I can hear the screaming now!!
Consider this for a moment...How many of the top twenty or thirty playes have you ever seen post on this forum--or any-for that matter?? In some kind of attempt to keep them happy, you would have to make sure they are polled on this particular subject as well--just to be fair, of course.
Personally, the way the game is being played right now, ranking is FAR from important--sadly, for some, however, it is the ONLY thing that is--and it is reflected in the way SOME games are being played, and the methods some use to get closer to the top (these are issues that should be resolved-if possible).
It would be an interesting "shake-up", should you proceed..and I would be loathe to disagree--
All the power (ups) to you!!

IP:

jujaga
posted December 20, 2004 03:18 PM         
I've played RBT for quite a while and yes, it is hard to get the ranking up there. I'm only in 14th place! But I know that having a monthly reset or anything similar to that would make many people mad, including me. A solution for this problem is simply to have more people be playing this game. It's about the same people playing everyday. If you look at RB for example, there are no problems there, someone is always there. Perhaps there could be a way to migrate some people from RB to RBT... just a thought.

------------------
FISH!!! Firefox 1.0 Rocks!!!

IP:

coaxs
posted December 29, 2004 04:02 AM            
Reset every 4 months and keep the list of winners for the quarter on the website.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP: