|
Author Topic:   Gift??
cirrus
posted June 29, 2005 04:27 PM         
Was playing on the board today--and there was a flicker--and "voila"--everybody's "quits" had disappeared--including mine, of course..
Summer gift to the sun-bathers??

Ohh--and the scores have changed a wee bit as well---bit of a blip in the radar??

[This message has been edited by cirrus (edited June 29, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted June 29, 2005 07:59 PM         
Same here... it's peculiar... from that hiccup, my rank just slipped down by four... well, at least it's clean of quits (I had no quits in the beginning, so no benefit for me...) ... strange... o well.
------------------

=MOD= FISH!!! TI-89T!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus Firefox 1.0.4 Rocks!!!

[This message has been edited by jujaga (edited June 29, 2005).]

IP:

cirrus
posted June 30, 2005 02:45 PM         
What makes it even MORE interesting--is that--no matter HOW much you quit now--and I'm sure there are a whole bunch who know this now--cause it IS going on--it doesn't get held against you---not a really good thing--considering the amount of infractions going on, and the specific bunch who THRIVE on it...

IP:

Casper
posted June 30, 2005 04:35 PM         
Very silly. I never played RB online before. Especially since it does not support some RB boards (Rival Ball Full and Launch, for example) or any DX2 boards (Classic DX-Ball, for example).

Nice Image Jujaga. How did you manage to get one (I was wanting to put a planet on this post).

As you see, my new clan is now up. But it is almost empty and I may disband it soon.

Really should the quitter move down . I hope Jim puts a ban system (for CHEATERS). And that should disconnecters be tagged with a loss (hey, if that didn't happen, I consider it CHEATING).

That way Jim can ban any proven cheaters at will! Maybe this should occur in 1.5.4

Al though I do have an RB Challenge on one of my old topics in this group. The challenge is to beat at least 50% of all my scores (hey, the board set and repeat setting has to be the same as one of my scores to work). Timer, Difficulty and Random Settings, you may choose at your own will.

------------------
I will continue to record in Seumas's Memory.
Inside Clan SUAVE (or Sport Utility Assault Vehicle Extreme):
Additional Memebers: 0

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited June 30, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted June 30, 2005 07:04 PM         
I think it's not 1.5.4, it would have to be 1.6.0. Those suggestions just by itself seems a lot to program, and I bet you the program was due to get another update soon. If you ever get lonely with being a one member clan (technically u are a team, u need 3 to be a clan), you can join MOD, it has been here for about 6 months... can't remember how long... it's stable at least... I do like the ban cheater idea, but it might have to go down to the IP level (as in ban through IP Address). Oh, to get the image on, you have to LITERALLY type up your signature... yes, it's annoying, but look at the benefits!

------------------

IP:

jujaga
posted July 01, 2005 01:57 PM         
I have also noticed that there have been issues with the server. Apparently, when you first log in, there is like 5 players, including yourself. Then, a whole group of 3-5 people show up at the same time. Then that happens repeatedly. Earlier today, I looked at the game rooms, it said 17 people were on, yet only 10 showed up on the list. I may have a theory about this... since RB has a log file (specifically in the C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Rival Ball\Gamerooms directory), there are these files in hexadecimal, and they contain the server's profiles in the game. I believe they may have gotten corrupt, and thus the problem, or because of the amount of profiles in the game server, the game couldn't keep track of everyone anymore (there are 20000+ users on the server). I believe it may be worth looking into... Also, I've noticed that sometimes, there are people playing, and yes that is fine and all, but there are an odd number of people playing, and it has to be an even number of people playing (it takes 2 to play). Yet, another odd occurence... Maybe have the server box where the game is should get a fresh reinstall of the game? It's all about possible now... I can tell you however that the server may be seeing dark days ahead and this quits error and different numbers of people online may be the tip of the iceberg... these are all the humble observations I have seen so far. I really hope this gets fixed soon...

------------------

IP:

Casper
posted July 01, 2005 04:42 PM         
Real silly. I often see it too. I was once online in RB (hosted most of them). And I won some games and lost some games. I once saw you in RBT online jujaga. I played online against {didn't remember name} twice and lost both. By the way, the boards in RBT were very odd.

I am not very happy with the online scores in RB (detected 6 hacked scores; look here ).

------------------

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited July 01, 2005).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted July 03, 2005 07:07 AM            
quote:
Was playing on the board today--and there was a flicker--and "voila"--everybody's "quits" had disappeared--including mine, of course..
Summer gift to the sun-bathers??

Ohh--and the scores have changed a wee bit as well---bit of a blip in the radar??

The quits are probably cleared out on purpose.
Just think about it... who would take the risk to join someone with hundreds of quits?
I think we're all fed up with garbage games due to quits... but it'll only cover the actual quitters!

quote:
What makes it even MORE interesting--is that--no matter HOW much you quit now--and I'm sure there are a whole bunch who know this now--cause it IS going on--it doesn't get held against you---not a really good thing--considering the amount of infractions going on, and the specific bunch who THRIVE on it...

That's serious danger!

All quits, whatever reason they're done for, should be concidered as LOSSES!

If quits affect the rank, that would tell some players have climbed up or slipped down the rank as the quits are cleared... but the mystery is the rumor about specific players having an amount of their wins taken away...

quote:
Very silly. I never played RB online before. Especially since it does not support some RB boards (Rival Ball Full and Launch, for example) or any DX2 boards (Classic DX-Ball, for example).

You can only play symmetrical boards online, and these happen to be all boards included except from those mentioned and a few more...

quote:
Really should the quitter move down . I hope Jim puts a ban system (for CHEATERS). And that should disconnecters be tagged with a loss (hey, if that didn't happen, I consider it CHEATING).

RB already has a ban system. Admins (apparently there are no mods or admins at the board, except from Phillipe and Rob, who) may ban and even delete players from the server.

As the circumstance seems to be online at this point, a mod or admin is essential! Someone HAVE to take care of the place! I've recently heard there's a new "raid" going on. The boomerang is turning back!

People have to understand it is, and will always only be a game.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited July 03, 2005).]

IP:

Casper
posted July 03, 2005 01:37 PM         
Of course. The quitter should always be tagged with a loss on his/her profile. I finally gave online a try. Didn't see you skull man, however.

I didn't know RB already had that system. Thank you Skull Man.

I still however don't like the hacker scores. Not even my own stradegy can outnumber those.

And you have to be at least 50% of what I had recorded to see it (it's a challenge).

I am not networking again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Casper (edited July 03, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted July 03, 2005 08:25 PM         
Is it just me, or am I starting to see people have more than 0 quits again? If that is true, that means that bug is fixed/gone/etc. That is good, I guess.

------------------

=MOD= FISH!!! TI-89T!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus B) Firefox 1.0.4 Rocks!!!

IP:

cirrus
posted July 03, 2005 11:18 PM         
Looks like the quits are being counted again--as per the previous post...
Unfortunately, the board is still showing more players on-line than there are actually there.
Waited for some time to see who the 17 were playing--but only 7 ever showed on the site--interesting "glitch"-if that is what it is...
As for losing rank because of having quits taken away--I doubt that would happen--as quits are recorded as losses---therefore, if anything, the point totals/ranks for the "quitters" would actually INCREASE---now, how fair is THAT...

IP:

Skull Man
posted July 05, 2005 11:34 AM            
Casper, you might not see me online as Skull Man cuz I've never made an account with such a silly name.

So quits are being counted again, huh?

That's just LAME. I mean it -- quits SHOULD be concidered as losses.

Well, the big mystery is why some of the top 10 players online have been taken away a specific amount of wins.

Without knowing the fact, I wonder if RB can handle more than 10.000 wins.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited July 05, 2005).]

IP:

jujaga
posted July 05, 2005 12:54 PM         
I wonder... we may have hit a new unknown bug, but it's just a number limit... although I am pretty sure if there was a cap, it would be something like 16384 or something, two to a power of... (computer stuff). Just curious LDA, could I know what the equation for how rank is calculated in RB? I know that RBT is 2xWins-(Losses+Disconnects). I like to keep track of the gap of wins needed between players...

------------------

=MOD= FISH!!! TI-89T!!! RB/RBT/TM anyone? Modulus B) Firefox 1.0.4 Rocks!!!

IP:

cirrus
posted July 05, 2005 02:57 PM         
RB=same as RBT,although quits=disconnects in RB--in short
2Xwins-(losses + quits)

[This message has been edited by cirrus (edited July 05, 2005).]

IP: