|
Author Topic:   the "y" key
Teulk
posted June 25, 2004 10:59 AM            
Have had this happen quite often in the last little bit.
When chatting (and it happens in a chat room as well), if you are in the process of typing a response to your "co-chatter", and someone sends you a challenge, and you happen to hit the "y" key in the course of your "chat", you are essentially accepting the challenge of a person you are not talking to. Thereby, being "yanked" out your conversation-- unintentionally of course.
( Well, that was long run on sentence!!)
Is there a way to disable the key, so that this does not happen??

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted June 30, 2004 11:20 AM            
That's a fairly easy thing to fix, I'll try to include it next time I update the game.

rob

IP:

Teulk
posted June 30, 2004 03:28 PM            
As always, a gentleman and a scholar..

BTW..I missed you guys at the office today..hope I can catch up with you nearer the end of July..I'll make sure to bring coffee and doughnuts this time!!
T.

IP:

cirrus
posted July 01, 2004 02:53 AM         
Just noticed this as well, although it's been going on forever.
If you are not inside your own room, and, for example, decide to chat with someone...if they talk to you first--say ask a question, and you begin typing the answer--well, if they get impatient and type another message, your message is erased, and you have to start all over again.
Case in point--this evening, the exact thing was happening, but many times over for me--my typing skills are , at best, neanderthal. So the person I'm chatting with has "interrupted" me umpteen times, finally figures I'm being a snob, and leaves--while I'm still frantically trying to get a response typed out.
Final verdict--"Longbow Digital Arts no longer on line".
So, my question to you--is it possible to disable cross communication if you are already in the process of talking to someone--that is, they would have to wait for you to respond before asking, or moving along in the conversation. It would be even better if this could be applied to all those who insist on getting involved in conversations that are already "screwed up" enough by this little glitch.
Just another observation--and its late, and my fingers hurt!!

IP: