|
Author Topic:   Rival Ball 1.5.1 Update
ldarob
Administrator
posted May 17, 2004 01:47 PM            
The Rival Ball 1.5.1 update is now available. It fixes a few issues that have been raised over the past few months and is a necessary download to play online.

The changes made are:

- fixed bug in board select where all missing boards would show as series 1
- fixed highscore screen, random/repeat were corrupted
- fixed resume game and bonuses
- put delay on background change and quit dialog
- exagerated stereo sound
- updated ip addresses
- forced level change in network play
- player receives quit if they disconnect from server

Paid versions or demos can be updated by installing the freeware version overtop.

Let me know if there are any questions, comments or concerns.

rob

IP:

posted May 17, 2004 08:21 PM            
for some reason the scores are illegible during the game, but viewable between the games. Don't know if that is me. Let me know.

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 18, 2004 12:20 PM            
Do you mean the scores at the top of the screen? Is this in online or offline play? What do you mean by illegible, are they missing or is the graphic somehow corrupted? And when you say between games, is that between boards (i.e. on the bonus screen) or something else?

Sorry for the ton of questions, but it makes it easier to diagnose the problem.

rob

IP:

posted May 19, 2004 04:56 PM            
Below are the answers to your question. Sorry that I was clear enough in my prior post.

Yes the scores at the top of the screen.
This is online.
I would say corrupted graphics.
The score are legible when the new board resets for that given online game.

Added comments:

I did remove the game and reloaded it and got the same results.

There seem to be some residue corruption of the game graphics with the beginning White lettering for each board for a given online game. It is legible. Then does not completely dissappear at 1st, but does within a few seconds. If the ball is near the pre board message lettering it will corrupt the message.

I hope that helps.

IP:

posted May 19, 2004 04:59 PM            
when I think about it, it is as if the scores are updating themselves on top of the existing score, not wiping out the previous score. Almost sounds like a missing subroutine for updating the score.

That might be clearer and in thinking of the software that would make more sense.

IP:

posted May 20, 2004 12:33 AM            
yeah...I just confirmed with another player that the online scores at the top do not update during the play of a board.

I hope this helps.

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 20, 2004 11:16 AM            
The problem sounds like a "dirty rect" issue where the old text is not getting properly erased before the new text is drawn on top.

I tried it out on my machine and everything looks normal. I'll take a look at the code however and see if anything stands out.

Thanks for the help.

rob

IP:

posted May 24, 2004 11:13 PM            
Sorry getting back to you on this. I have the same problem off line too.

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted May 25, 2004 12:32 PM            
We've been looking into the issue regarding the illegible scores and figured out that it's only a problem if you have backgrounds turned off. If you hit F1 to turn on the backgrounds or hit it again to turn them half-bright the problem goes away.

I will release a patch later this week that will fix the issue but this should help things in the meantime.

cheers,
rob

IP:

posted May 26, 2004 01:40 AM            
LOL...from day one I had the background turned off and forgot that you could have it on....LOL. It is much prettier with the background. Thx for looking at it.

IP:

Woodenshoe
posted May 30, 2004 01:12 PM         
Hi Rob... me again...
I can not get onto Rival Ball AT ALL anymore... I get the same error message as with RBT...
Help?

IP: