|
Author Topic:   higher scores
Alberto
posted April 11, 2004 10:14 AM            
A flaw in Rival Board allows hard stones to be changed to soft ones by attacking any one "hard" brick about 10 times, using a paddle with a "grab" and then waiting about half a minute for the change to occur.

Another way is by attacking the hard stone for about 50 or 85 times according to a particular game, without any waits - this works 90% of the time.

It may be called cheating, but I thought everyone should know this as high-score players exploit this flaw.
Others still cheat unlawfully of course.

Albert

IP:

Skull Man
posted April 12, 2004 04:21 PM            
Take it easy, we all know about that.
It's not a bug.
Some levels can't be cleard if the bricks won't zapp (the board doubles for instance, where you won't be able to clear the upper part if playing impossible).
Either it was ment to happend if the ball got stuck.

IP:

Alberto
posted April 13, 2004 10:57 AM            
You cannot speak for ALL players Skull Man.
I hope you are among the top three in some lists of higher scores in any case.
Best wishes
Albert (Malta)

IP:

Skull Man
posted April 14, 2004 05:53 AM            
Sorry, I ment us old players.
RB was released 2001, but the brickzapping comes from the orginal DX-Ball released 1996 or something, but you're new I see

I don't think Im listed up on any highscores. Probably knocked out by better players and cheaters. If you wan't to find any of my scores, look for tey

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited April 14, 2004).]

IP:

haris
posted April 14, 2004 04:32 PM            
I dont think anyone can cheat,they can use their brains to gain more points. Its a skill+brains game, some have, some dont. You too can try.
Best of luck.

smharis@yahoo.com

IP:

Alberto
posted April 15, 2004 04:17 AM            
Whether zapping bricks on purpose or using escape on the last one to gain 500 pts, or any other "trick", spoils the challenge of trying to get out of the difficulties devised on purpose.
Using size of ball, paddle and speed judiciously and what "tokens" to pick,is of course part of the game, so let's try to enjoy it more folks.
Top players are all guilty in some way (including myself in a tiny degree), but simply using all tricks and not skill, to get maximum points is very boring in any case.
Albert (Malta)

IP:

Skull Man
posted April 17, 2004 04:42 PM            
I know there are cheats for Rival Ball, because I found the page who distributed them. Anyway, the site was closed when I found it, and I've reported it.

Also, there is no way to cheat in this game. If you know of any "tricks", it's probably bugs, and in that case I suggest you report them.

I do know of some bugs too. Example how to get unlimited lives, and how get throug invincible bricks without breaking them. But they're all bugs and weren't ment to be in the game, therfore I don't use them to cheat.
(I'll report them as soon LDA is finished with RBT)

Alberto, please note that there is god players out there who doesn't cheat or uses "tricks"

------------------
tey

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited April 17, 2004).]

IP:

Alberto
posted April 18, 2004 04:44 PM            
Dear Skull Man (& others):- The only bug/tricks I know are just 2.
One I mentioned in the introduction about zapping where I was told you all knew that.
The other I learned from what Haris wrote about the last brick escape/500pts (who admitted he uses others, no wonder he's on top immediately after any one registers a higher score!)
All my points were obtained without having known these bugs/tricks and only by dint of patience and re-tries, of which I'm proud, except for the last one registered 3 dys ago.

Now apart from skill, I'll use just zapping because at 73yrs of age, my reflexes are not so sharp!!

Albert (Malta)

IP: