|
Author Topic:   good sportsmanship
Jaco
posted March 31, 2004 06:51 PM            
I started playing this game with DX ball[old version]and DX ball 2.I would set for hours playing the games alone because I believed that this fast paced game was sharpening my sinces somehow. My friends would ask me why I played it so much,and I'd tell them it helps me relax, but I was probably addicted.It really does help with mind concentration, reflex skills, and periferal vision. Professionally I'm a sax and key player who plays with spontaneous band formats.Playing rhythm,chords,melody,or jazz well without mistakes takes a lot of concentration.Sometimes my band leader calls tunes in no paticular order or even trys tunes the band hasn't practiced on.Hundreds of people come to see the band every week who expect quality.The band has to be at the top of their game to maintain this level of professionality.Games like this can help ingage the mind and sharpen you up for whatever other challenges you might have. Playing competition as in Rival Ball can help build character and comunication skills,if you're a litttle shy like me. I guess I'm tryin to say that there are many positive reasons why I like to play this game,and hope that others find positive reasons as well. I can't take this game too seriously,but if it were a world recognized sport, you better believe that some people would take it seriously. Maybe the upcoming tournament will weed out some of the rudeness some people are perpatrating on here. 666 is right,if you can't relax when you play this it's not much fun. If you got to rely on upsetting others to get an edge, just remember you're probably just upset yourself. I would prefer to play good intentioned, challenging players, which most of you probably are. The level of rudeness gets bad on here sometimes.Almost makes me not want to play RB anymore[which some of you may be happy to hear]. I'm sure I'll still be making a few appearances here and there and will play again. Since RB is crashed today I can't now. I have many other things to do anyways. I want to give a big thanks to all of you who have been friendly with Jaco[me] over the last year or so I've been playing. You are truely Good Sports. Thanks, Happy Gaming, Jaco

IP:

Teulk
posted March 31, 2004 07:04 PM            
I have to agree..after setting a number of high scores in the old DX mode, it was refreshing to have others to play against. However, as mentioned above, there are a number of players who feel it is their duty to undermine the "integrity" of the game.
I for one (obviously along with Jaco) have never cheated---in fact, I have no idea as to how this is done. Call me naive, or whatever, I just never had a reason to figure out that particular wrinkle in the game. (Even though i KNOW there are those who would disagree! )
I, for one, do get cranked up about the game, although I should know better. I've given plenty of tips and tricks of the trade away, so, hopefully, that will balance out my "karma", and even things out in the end.
I also appreciate the sincerity of the above post ( way to go Jaco,-- and I would very much be interested in "entertaining" you with a few games!!), and can only hope that others will respond in kind.
We need more players with the willingness to "weed" out the unscrupulous...to basically shut them out and/or down.
All things aside, this game rocks, always has, always will, and I'm sure that the next version (the tournament game we are SO waiting for) will keep us challenged for some time to come.

IP:

posted March 31, 2004 09:41 PM            
Well, how about giving some tips...I could use some.

IP:

Teulk
posted March 31, 2004 11:08 PM            
Gimme a ring sometime---I'm always happy to share--
Mayhap the next tiime we meet on the board?? We can share/trade/mentor each other--you for TMRace--me for RB--

IP:

WHITE DOVE
posted April 01, 2004 06:45 AM         
I agree whit Jaco and Teulk, it is so frustrating if you just want to play a honest and relaxing game, that some people think they have the right to curse at you. The most horrible things they say and just because you are winning. I,ve even changed my name because some people really harassed me and my score was so high (bommer). Also cheaters and quitters are anoying. But never the less i still thing it's a great game and i enjoy it very mutch. And i als met some really nice people. I hope some of the very rude ones take notice of my notes: Respect is the most important thing in the world.
To Jaco and Teulk: a big kiss from a lady from the Netherlands. (sorry for my not so perfect english)

IP:

posted April 01, 2004 03:39 PM            
Welcome to the forum both Jaco and White Dove. Hope to be seeing you on the boards soon.

Teulk, I would love to do an exchange of tutoring Rival Ball for Treadmarks. Just let me know....thx.

------------------
Ifrit CTF and Race Ladder…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited April 01, 2004).]

IP: