|
Author Topic:   wrongly accused cheaters?
Jaco
posted March 29, 2004 08:32 PM            
Hi all, I enjoy playing this game,and it would be no fun for me to cheat. In fact I don't want to accuse anyone of cheating anymore, but if I see you time out before the end of the game 2 or 3 times I'll have a pretty good idea. Anyhow,I'd like to relate an experience I had today while playing #2 BOBA. He and I have played quite a few times and it was always straight up play as far as I knew. Today we had a technical difficulty at the beginning of the game in which appearently it looked like we timed out on each other. I know what I saw on my side,BOBA thinks I timed out on him,I guess? Unfortunatly after Boba called me a pig I tryed to explain what had happened on my end, in which he called me a pig again. I always had the highest respect for BOBA and have even praised him as being possibly the best player on here. It's really disheartening to find out we did not develop a respectful relationship after all the times we have played and won and lost against each other. Sorry BOBA but you don't know that I'm a cheater,I NEVER have cheated.I'm not accusing you of cheating either,I figure something went wrong with the game signal {which traveled all the way around the world}.So get over it quick,if possible.I always had the highest respect for you ever since I first played you at RivalBall. Should I change my attitude? No, I don't think so.So why don't you change yours'BOBA. Yes it appeared that you timed out on me,but I right away thought,no BOBA would not time out,somethin must have gone wrong with the connection.It was bout this time my computer nearly crashed,and I pushed restart and came back a little while later. Just cause I'm cooking my dinner is no reason to call me a pig...Everyone needs to eat sometimes. So, don't always assume that other players are cheating if something goes wrong. Thanks,and happy gaming, Jaco

IP:

posted March 31, 2004 12:43 AM            
Very cool of you to post that. Hope to see you on the boards soon.

IP:

posted March 31, 2004 01:30 AM            
Oh man...do I know what you mean. No has accused me, but I was just playing Manas when the game cuts out at the very end. Sorry about that Manas.

Personnally, I play Rival ball to relax...yes relax...I play TreadMarks to win.

The best way to tell if there is a cheat is to look at the win/loss record. The cheats have very little in the loss record area...why...because you cheat to win.

------------------
Ifrit CTF and Race Ladder…every Tuesday, 8 PM Pacific…starting in April
Race Ladder Results & Downloads

IP:

Teulk
posted March 31, 2004 03:25 PM            
Not necessarily....

IP:

cirrus
posted April 02, 2004 03:57 PM            
Really??
So how do the legit good players make a name for themselves?? By losing more often??

And the better you get, the less challenges are accepted...so it's really difficult to be a "winner" and not be labelled a "cheater"...is that it?

If so...wonderful!!

[This message has been edited by cirrus (edited April 02, 2004).]

IP:

steveco1987
posted April 25, 2004 07:19 AM         
1. It sounds like the cheating problem hasn't been fixed

2. I've been off of Rival Ball for about 6 months to see if the cheating would get resolved; because there were so many people I thought that would cheat.

In comparison, there were people that didn't cheat like Jaco, Teulk and some others that I'd play with.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 25, 2004 02:51 PM            
Appreciate THAT vote of confidence... !!

IP:

Alberto
posted April 29, 2004 01:36 PM            
There certainly are cheaters who exploit flaws in the game. This has in fact been admitted by one top results player.
Knowing how to play when the occasion occurs in order to obtain max points for each normal brick (30pts) and acquiring all "good" tokens, then checking each board for the various tiles, then trying them out at Easy, Normal and Hard - one finds that some posted results are impossible to obtain.
As a matter of fact I've brought this to the attention of Rob a couple of times and he deleted the scores.
There are some other results which look very fishy, for example, for the Seumas Memorial 100 (*10) I contend it is possible to get an average of just over 6K and not 8K with Hard Mode and just over 5K in Medium Mode.
A sample trial of say 20 boards is enough to show this (if one plays good enough of course).
There is no remedy - humans are very fragile!

IP:

Teulk
posted April 29, 2004 01:59 PM            
Don't want to put a cookie crumb in your milk there, Alberto, but I believe they are referring to the on-line game room...where almost ANYTHING can ( and usually does ) happen!!!

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited April 29, 2004).]

IP: