|
Author Topic:   Rival Ball Game Room IP Address Change
ldarob
Administrator
posted March 13, 2004 12:13 PM            
As some of you may have noticed, over the last few weeks we have been upgrading our internet service to a new 100Mb/s connection. This new service will provide improved performance for our current Tread Marks and Rival Ball servers and give us free bandwidth for the upcoming Rival Ball Tournament Online.

The downside to this is that we've had to change all of our IP addresses. That means as of monday the current Rival Ball game room will no longer be found at 206.222.78.140. The new address will be 38.112.120.110.

In order for Rival Ball to connect to the new server you will have to re-download and install the Rival Ball Demo version over your current version. This is also the recommended method for those who have purchased Rival Ball Series 1 or 2.

Allstream hasn't given us an exact time when their service will be cut off so there may be some downtime. We're also going to take the time to install some new backup hard drives after our experiences earlier this week We'll make a new posting here when everything is back up.

Thanks for your patience and feel free to spread the word in the game as not everybody reads this forum.

rob

[This message has been edited by ldarob (edited March 16, 2004).]

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 15, 2004 05:28 PM            
It appears Allstream has not disconnected us as planned, so at least for the moment, Rival Ball can still be reached at 206.222.78.140.

We'll post further updates as we sort out what's going on.

thanks,
rob

IP:

Teulk
posted March 15, 2004 11:14 PM            
Guess my HD picked the right time to puke!!
Didn't miss a thing by the looks of it!!
Keep us all informed (as you always do) regarding the changes...

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited March 15, 2004).]

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 16, 2004 03:11 PM            
Allstream pulled the plug on us this morning so we have now moved entirely over to the new ISP and IP addresses.

The LDA Game Room and Rival Ball Master Server are now running at 38.112.120.110.
In order for Rival Ball to reach these servers you will need to re-download and install the Rival Ball freeware version overtop of your current version. The new version is still called 1.5.0 but is configured to talk to the new servers. This is also the recommended method for those who have purchased Rival Ball Series 1 or 2.

Thanks for everyone's patience as we make this change. Our new ISP is more than 30x faster than our previous ISP which will allow us to improve current services and make room for RB Tournament when it comes out.

rob

IP:

Teulk
posted March 17, 2004 10:24 AM            
The free version is still at the web-site---I presume??
Never mind--git it already..now the REAL question..
I noticed on the board that I have only board pack one showing..could you refresh my memory as to how to add board pack 2 to the 1.5 version??? It's nice to be able to play the multi board sets!!
Thx in advance.

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited March 17, 2004).]

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 17, 2004 11:05 AM            
Yes, you can use the same download from either the Rival Ball page or the Demo Downloads page.

As far as the board packs go. Everytime you log in, Rival Ball tells the server what packs you have installed. By board pack 2 I assume you mean RB Series 2? The original Board Pack 2 only works in offline play because it doesn't contain any mirrored boardsets.

Does Series 2 show up in offline play? If it doesn't make sure Series 2 is installed into the one of the standard board folders i.e. c:\program files\lda games\rival ball\boards. It should also detect them if they are installed into the normal DX-Ball 2 boards folder.

rob

IP:

Teulk
posted March 17, 2004 11:43 AM            
Thanks...all fixed up
Doesn't look like many have changed their IP's for on-line...the board is REALLY empty right now..usually fairly busy at this time..
Guess we have to give everyone time to figure it out!

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited March 17, 2004).]

IP:

posted March 20, 2004 05:30 AM            
Tomorrow I will post screenshots and instruction on where to put the IP address....so stay tune. Actually, I would do it now but I forgot the pass word to the IP provider. Have to wait for tomorrow morning for Susan to tell me...LOL

IP: