Laurent
posted March 02, 2004 05:45 AM         
http://scores.ldagames.com/rivalballscores.php?rows=10&repeat=0&boardset=21
Why do people do this?

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 02, 2004 11:19 AM            
I've removed the score. Thanks for letting us know.

rob

IP:

Laurent
posted March 07, 2004 07:52 PM         
(I know it's a double post, Rob. But I want to make sure you read this.)

By the way, I'm still curious as to whether someone (LDA?)has some explanation for what I said earlier in this post;

"Speaking of weird scores. What do you make of the results for “Quandary”? Haris (who’s got lots of other 1st places by the way) manages to beat my “Hard-mode” score of 2,635,719 with exactly 7 (seven) points…. in “Medium-mode” (that’s 0.0002656% more). I’m not going to accuse him of cheating. But he’s got to be a real wizard to come to that photo-finish after no less than 200 boards – in an inferior difficulty mode (from a high scoring point of view) to boot. I’ll assume that this just escaped your attention?"

Laurent, aka Karel

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 08, 2004 12:34 AM            
I admit it certainly looks suspicious. I'll check into it on monday.

rob

IP:

Laurent
posted March 12, 2004 01:43 PM         
My doubts grow, I can’t help it.

Look at the scores for “Camping”.

In 8th and 10th place, Haris is there with scores that give him/her an average of 8,709 – in Medium mode.

After that, people start to score higher. As soon as I top the board in Hard mode, there appears Haris with a slightly higher total. Nothing wrong with that, I can accept honest defeat.

But that score is in Medium mode again AND this time he/she averages 14,165 !!!!

From 8,709 to 14,165 in the same difficulty mode? I don’t think so.

I leave it up to you...

IP:

Laurent
posted March 22, 2004 12:34 PM         
bump

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 23, 2004 12:42 PM            
I have sent an e-mail to Haris inviting him to explain his scores including some odd but not necessarily purposeful irregularities with his address when posting.

I've invited him to answer in this forum but if he chooses to e-mail me instead I'll let you know what happens.

thanks for your patience.

rob

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted March 23, 2004 06:01 PM            
Haris responded quickly to my e-mail. He vouches that all of his scores are legitimately earned and volunteered to clear any of our doubts at any time.

Furthermore, he says that the occasional time when the game has malfunctioned and produced an illegal score he has chosen not to post them as there is no fun in that.

I hope that satisfies the issue. I have invited him to visit the forums to discuss the matter in further detail if he wishes.

rob

IP:

haris
posted March 25, 2004 11:46 PM            
This is for Laurent, I am Haris from Dubai,Man I never use any cheat codes or wierd ways to post high scores, as you see almost all my scores are beaten in days by someone else, its clear anyone can excell others score, you just wanna have patience,practice and some brain.As to the photo finish I always try to do it onpurpose, its fun,I do calculated scoring, you too can use a calculator. Any difficulty level you can score not necessarily Difficult. There are plenty of ways to score more points,I can tell you one (when you have only one brick left on board just escape and resume game and then finish, you get 500 bonus points,you do it for 200 boards you get 100,000 points extra) there are plenty such tricks, I dont have to reveal all.Keep trying, better luck next time

IP:

haris
posted April 14, 2004 06:29 AM            
This is for Laurent, I am Haris from Dubai,Man I never use any cheat codes or wierd ways to post high scores, as you see almost all my scores are beaten in days by someone else, its clear anyone can excell others score, you just wanna have patience,practice and some brain.As to the photo finish I always try to do it onpurpose, its fun,I do calculated scoring, you too can use a calculator. Any difficulty level you can score not necessarily Difficult. There are plenty of ways to score more points,I can tell you one (when you have only one brick left on board just escape and resume game and then finish, you get 500 bonus points,you do it for 200 boards you get 100,000 points extra) there are plenty such tricks, I dont have to reveal all.Keep trying, better luck next time

No answeres coming coming to me?????????

IP:

Alberto
posted May 03, 2004 03:17 AM            
If one obtains extra points by exploiting flaws in the game and not by normal play of choosing proper speed & thickness of ball with size of paddle, plus catching only appropriate tokens - I call that cheating, it doesn't have to be cheat codes.
The 8K average in Hard Mode for the Seumas Memorial 100*10 is one score I find hard to justify apart some from Haris! (I was enjoying the fight Haris, but not any more after reading your own comments!!!)
Albert from Malta (Email given)

IP:

cirrus
posted May 05, 2004 10:48 AM         
I thought that was using what the game gave you--not cheating!!

IP:

Alberto
posted May 05, 2004 02:42 PM            
Dear Cirrus,
Extra points obtained by subterfuge, like the 500pts for the last ball using escape, or getting unlimited number of lives like someone mentioned he knows how to do or other methods not purposely designed in the game is definetely CHEATING.
Forced zapping when the occasion arises does not earn any extra points and everyone knows it I'm told, so that could pass.
Albert

IP:

cirrus
posted May 05, 2004 05:20 PM         
I DO agree with the 500 pt deal, don't get me wrong there!! That's a no-no in my book all right!
However, there's not much you can do about, what did you call it?, brick zapping??

IP:

Alberto
posted May 06, 2004 01:44 PM            
For further details please look up recent correspondence under "higher scores" or contact me by Email. Albert

IP: