|
Author Topic:   Some player are just not playing fair
posted January 23, 2004 02:17 AM            
I played one player 3 times and twice when I was sure to win the connection on the other side would die and the game would be cancelled. But low and behold, the 3rd game that the player was going to win...well the connect was just fine all the way to the end.

But it is easy to figure out who these players are. Just look at the number of games lost. If the number is very low...don't play them. No one can get that lucky. The honest players have many losses...not just a few.

IP:

Skull Man
posted January 23, 2004 04:35 AM            
I know what you are talking about...
Your opponent did probably wait for you to clear the board first, and then he waited for the connection to quit.I've experienced too, and it's bad

Hope you trust me

tey

IP:

Teulk
posted January 23, 2004 08:37 PM            
Welcome to the on-line gaming experience!!!!
Ain't it a shame!!??

IP:

posted January 26, 2004 02:10 AM            
There will always be cheats. My point is that these cheats are very easy to spot.

Before you play anyone, just look at their lost records. If the record seems extremely low compared to the number of wins, don't play them. No one can be that lucky.

IP:

Daddaponken
posted January 26, 2004 08:12 PM         
I would like to see someone taking pussy off the server too, he conviniently loses his connection everytime he is about to lose... which is why he has 0 losses after playing about 50 games

IP:

posted January 29, 2004 02:39 PM            
Banning players will not work. They will only chose a different name. I will think about what a solution could be for this.

IP:

Skull Man
posted February 01, 2004 03:24 PM            
This site may be a reason for most cheats, but it's for the time closed. Hopefully forever.. http://www.abry.ws/rival-ball.html

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted February 03, 2004 12:02 PM            
Does anybody have an offline copy or could give me a summary of what that abry.ws site said about Rival Ball? Best e-mail me at rob@ldagames.com rather than post it.

We're currently working on a few solutions to the issues mentioned in this forum and it always helps to have as much info as possible. Most of these additions are intended for the new Rival Ball Tournament but some may be carried back into Rival Ball.

Thanks for everyone's patience, comments and suggestions.

rob

IP: