|
Author Topic:   What's up with this?
Kathie
posted January 09, 2004 12:27 PM         
I was just playing a game against someone named "error", by the second board I knew something was up when their score was over 500,000 and going, so I quit and left the online game, Zone Alarm alerted me to an attempt to connect to my computer and the IP address was for LDA....what's up with that? Is it normal? Thanks for any answers...Kathie

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted January 09, 2004 03:17 PM            
We've heard complaints about 'error' before and we will consider removing them from the game if problems persist.

As far as the Zone Alarm issue is concerned I'm guessing that there were a few messages left in the pipe after you quit Rival Ball which Zone Alarm picked up on and warned you about since the receiving application (Rival Ball) was no longer running. Did you exit RB through the menus or did you use Alt+F4/Task Manager to close it? If you don't close RB properly the server thinks you're still online and will continue to send messages untill it times out after approx. 15 seconds.

rob

IP:

steveco1987
posted January 10, 2004 10:47 AM         
Yes Kathie, That is not normal, and also statements about "error" being a cheater are going around the Rival Ball room as well.

IP:

Wenjin
posted April 11, 2004 06:47 AM            
Scary.

IP: