|
Author Topic:   Quandary board
Teulk
posted September 15, 2003 02:56 PM            
This is the second time this has happened on this board. Started a match with a player, and the game started normally. But you're never allowed past the first screen. The power-ups keep coming, and your score keeps increasing, but the screen never ends.
Ubfortunately, this board has accounted for both my "quits" during network play.
Care to check this out??

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted September 15, 2003 07:05 PM            
Sorry about your difficulties. I actually did notice when you were on this afternoon and it looked to me that the person you were playing against was disconnected while you were still playing.

Usually Rival Ball will handle this and just cancel the game once you reach the end of the level (it doesn't monitor connections mid-game). Unfortuntely it looks like something went out of sync which prohibited you from ending your board.

When you say power-ups keep coming and score is increasing - are there still bricks on your side or have you destroyed them all?

We haven't heard of this bug before but we'll keep it in mind when we get to updating Rival Ball.

thanks,
rob

IP:

Teulk
posted September 15, 2003 10:34 PM            
Thx for the quick reply!!!

As for the "bricks"--no--there are none left. The power ups just keep coming from the "line" where the bricks should end. If you watch the game closely enough, the ball looks like it is contacting with a brick (the explosion takes place) even though thee is nothing there.

As I said before, this is the second time during an on-line game that this has happened. I figured the first time was a fluke...guess I figured wrong!!
Good luck trying to figure it out--if it can be done, it's you guys that'll get it!!

IP: