|
Author Topic:   delay in switching boards
cnibor1
posted September 01, 2003 07:17 AM            
In the past few days while playing rival ball, when I finish a board against an opponent, they are able to keep playing for a few seconds, and then the message appears that my opponent has finished their board, and then when it goes to the next board there is a delay in starting mine. (hate to lose a game when its not my fault). I spoke to some of my friends and they are having the same problem.

IP:

Teulk
posted September 01, 2003 11:45 AM            
Seems that is a common problem lately, as well as the timing out after a game is completed...seems that happens almost all the time now...

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted September 01, 2003 06:05 PM            
Thanks for the info. Part of the problem may simply be the growing number of registered rival ball players. Since it's launch at the beginning of June we've had thousands of people register which is beginning to bog down the server (and delay messages travelling between players). We do have plans to upgrade Rival Ball to handle the demand but unfortunately this isn't planned until we finish Rival Ball Tournament.

On tuesday when the office opens we'll give the server a reboot which might help improve things for the moment.

rob

IP:

posted September 04, 2003 01:24 AM            
this is sooooo cool... and even tournaments... I am going to have to check this out...been playing TM too long...LOL.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Skull Man
posted September 04, 2003 05:41 AM            
Wohoo!

IP: