|
Author Topic:   Well now that I've had my fun...
yukichigai
posted August 29, 2003 02:17 AM         
...I should try to do something useful with my knowledge. I case you had missed it I had been posting obscenely high scores on the high scores board with the name Y|yukichigai of Glitchville. This was intended more or less as a notification of a bug in the game which as far as I could tell hadn't been documented before. (I hadn't scrolled back far enough in the post history. My bad) I was slightly miffed when I noticed my high scores deleted without any mention of it, but after seeing the rest of the forum I understand why. Sorry.

Anyway, down to business. First off, to clear up any confusion this does not happen as a result of hacking.

< edited by administrator ... >

Anyway, sorry I didn't come out with this sooner. Just the kid in me abusing my new toy I guess. Hope you guys can fix the problem.

P.S. I still think all you folks who play on easy and repeat the board set 10 times don't deserve those high scores. All that requires is patience, not skill. I would suggest you programming folks put in a scaled scoring system while you're fixing the glitch.

< edited by administrator ... >

[This message has been edited by yukichigai (edited August 29, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by ldarob (edited August 29, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by yukichigai (edited August 30, 2003).]

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted August 29, 2003 11:54 AM            
yukichigai,

thanks a lot for your thorough analysis of the problem. we are planning an update to Rival Ball which will fix the scoring issues. in the meantime we have been removing invalid scores so that other players can compete fairly. we'll remove the block on your scoring immediately.

thanks,
rob

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted August 29, 2003 01:40 PM            
thanks again for the information. constructive criticism is always welcome. your message has been edited so that more players don't exploit the system before it is fixed.

thanks again,
rob

IP:

yukichigai
posted August 30, 2003 12:05 AM         
Glad to be of help. I'm always glad to help remove a source of potential cheating/abuse. (It's actually why I got into programming in the first place)

P.S. Edited out a potential hint you missed when you chopped out my explanation in my original message.

------------------
Welcome to Glitchville, population -1.847e89

[This message has been edited by yukichigai (edited August 30, 2003).]

IP: