|
Author Topic:   I also found a bug in the network game mode.
TK
posted June 04, 2003 09:40 PM            
hi LDA,
I have all the rivalball packs and when I go to network game only one demo board set shows up. I also have a problem with hosting a game. When I host a game , the join button stays grey and it won't let anybody join in my game and there are other people in the room too. I talked to another person in the network game room and they told me that they only had one demo board set show up on the screen when choosing to host a game. There are like 8 demo board sets to choose from and only one is showing up. Please check these problems out.
Thanks, TK

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted June 05, 2003 12:46 AM            
Unless I misunderstand what you're describing, that is how it's supposed to work.

Although admittingly it's not clear, only certain boards are available for network play. These boards are specially designed to be symmetrical so that both players have equal advantage. Of the Rival Ball freeware boards only the Rival Ball Split set is multiplayer so it is the only one that show's up. Of the other board packs, none of the DX-Ball 2 era packs (i.e. 1, 2, 3, memorial and classic) contain multiplayer sets because it didn't exist then and as far as Rival Ball Series 1 & 2 go most of the sets are multiplayer (generally those with only 10 boards) but there are a few that are single player only.

As far as the join button goes, it stays grey either when you select yourself (because you can't join your own game) or if the host has selected a board pack you don't have. If people were having trouble joining your game it may be because of the bug that was fixed in 1.4.1. (See earlier msg) Let me know if the problem persists.

Sorry about the confusion, we'll look at potentially clarifying the interface in future updates.

thanks,
rob

IP:

TK
posted June 05, 2003 10:51 AM            
Is there any way possible that you could go back into the demo board programing and make at least 3 other board sets available for multiplayer network games. That would make it 4 all together. 4 out of 8. Because its boring playing people who only have the demo mode. They can only play 1 board set, you can atleast give them 3 more to choose from.
I know you want them to buy the other board packs, but thats being a little too strict. Please take into consideration giving the demo version people more of a choice on the boards they choose.
Thanks, TK

[This message has been edited by TK (edited June 05, 2003).]

IP:

TK
posted June 05, 2003 11:43 PM            
Hi LDA,
I no longer have that join button problem anymore in network game mode. I don't think it was a problem really at all because I did not know that that other person has to have the same boards as i do or that person can't join the game.
But I am still having that repeat board set bug problem. I have the settings set correctly and it will not allow me to repeat my boards. What do you think, should I uninstall 1.4 and then download it again or can you fix it from where you are?
Thanks, TK

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted June 06, 2003 01:11 PM            
The repeat board issue will be fixed in the next update. It'll probably be released sometime next week depending on whether any other issues arise.

thanks for your patience,
rob

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 08, 2003 09:02 AM            
I agree with TK that there is boring with only one board-set to chose for Network play in the demo, but I understand that LDA want to sell their board packs.

I also agree that there should be at least one more splitt board-set, even if it would be silly, but when RB v1.0 came out, there was only 8 boards(2 board-set), but they added the DXB2 boards too in RB v1.3.

I also wondered why I didn't get any replies about ogg vorbis... whats wrong with it?
I didn't say that it had to install the songs by sidewinder.
My idea was: if RB supported ogg vorbis too, then you could move your favourit songs in the mod folder, like in DXB2....what wrong with that? I only want RB to be the most perfect and best game from LDA!

About the dll files:

Why cant ogg vorbis to RB be a own download or a pach if the files are so big?

In DXB2 you can download a modpack by Sidewinder with great (but old) songs.....

(I would be pleased to get replies)

tey

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited June 08, 2003).]

IP: