|
Author Topic:   I found a bug in the new RivalBall 1.4 released on June 4, 2003
TK
posted June 04, 2003 07:52 PM            
Hey LDA,
I just downloaded the new RivalBall 1.4 released on June.4,2003. The bug I found is in the repeat board set. I set my settings for repeat board set as on and it will not repeat. I did this for the demo and it played 4 boards and then ended and I had plenty of life's left. I also set repeat board set to on at RivalBall series 1 pack and it did the same thing. Please check this bug out for I love to play repeat board set.
Thanks, TK.

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted June 05, 2003 12:31 AM            
I'll check it out, I know there was some talk about that previously.

While I'm at it how many repeats do people prefer. Do people like the marathon 10 repeats or prefer the single repeat (twice through)?

thanks for the info,
rob

IP:

TK
posted June 05, 2003 09:48 AM            
I like the 10 board repeat.

IP:

TK
posted June 05, 2003 10:29 AM            
Plus, many 1st place high scores have already been set at the 10 board repeat level. If you change it to anything less, then it would not be fair to other people because they would never be able to beat those high scores. And not fair to those people who worked so hard to put those high scores up. But if you insist, then you must erase those 10 board repeat high scores from the top 10 high score list. But I really hope you don't, because it shows endurance and determination in a player to survive those 10 board repeat sets. And it is an original trademark only to Rivalball.
Thanks, TK

IP:

Laurent
posted June 05, 2003 04:51 PM         
I can't believe I'm still the only player unable to upload my scores...repeating boards or not.

BTW, there's a huge difference between playing in the Gameroom (speed & luck with the power-ups matter) and trying to establish a personal highscore (precision and patience matter). I prefer the latter, and being unable to upload ruins it all for me.

I bought & own ALL boardsets but I'm getting the feeling that I threw away my money.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 05, 2003 05:56 PM            
You're the only person to inform us of this problem, and we have spent time checking it out.

All I can suggest at this point is that your ISP might be blocking or slowing packets when connecting to our score server, (You seem to connect OK to the lobby server, which is on a different system.)

Question your ISP about it. The more drastic solution is to change to another ISP.

Jim

IP:

Laurent
posted June 05, 2003 06:19 PM         
Jim,

I'm sorry if my last post gave you the impression that I felt you had done nothing for me. On the contrary. I'm sincerely grateful for everything you and Rob did.

But it's a frustrating situation and it was probably that frustration that showed.

If you tell me that I am the only person with this problem, I'll have to accept that, tough luck...

What info about your score server should I give to my ISP in order for them to look into it?

Changing to another ISP might indeed be a little too drastic, they're the only ones in these parts to provide cable.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 05, 2003 07:13 PM            
The score server runs Apache on a Win2K machine, while the Lobby is on a Microsoft IIS Server.

Jim

IP:

Laurent
posted June 05, 2003 09:09 PM         
I've sent them a message. I'm still hoping...

Thanks

IP:

Leif
posted June 06, 2003 06:14 AM            
No, Laurent ... They said "You're the only person to inform us of this problem."
NB ... to inform us ...
There might be many more people with your problem. Only they haven't reported this. Not much of a consolation, though. :-(

IP:

ldarob
Administrator
posted June 06, 2003 01:28 PM            
Laurent,

I don't like giving up on an issue but everything I got from those diagnostic versions I sent to you said things were being sent correctly. The only other thing I can think of, which I mentioned in the chat room, is to check the external logs to see whether the message is making it out of Rival Ball. Either Zone Alarm or your router should log network events as they leave your computer (especially if you turn off Rival Ball's status as a server in Zone Alarm). When you try to view online scores you should see an event directed to 206.222.78.140 on port 80.

On the other side of it if you let me know your IP address (either here or through e-mail rob@ldagames.com) and the time you tried to reach us, I can check our logs to see if it reached us.

BTW: Did you say you were using Windows XP? Was it the home or professional edition?

thanks,
rob

IP:

Laurent
posted June 08, 2003 05:08 AM         
Rob, I've sent you an E-mail. Thanks for any help...

Karel (aka Laurent)

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited June 08, 2003).]

IP:

Laurent
posted June 08, 2003 03:28 PM         
Leif,

What!?!

Having this kind of problem and NOT report it. Can't belief that...

On the other hand...maybe

Oh shoot!!!

IP:

Laurent
posted June 09, 2003 05:29 AM         
I was having a (rather jealous) look at the highscore page just now, and there's something I don't understand.

I understand that a player can set up his game with repeating and/or random boards ON or OFF, hence the scores where you can see 100 boards played for a board set that only holds 10 boards (take a look at Rapid Fire, Series 1 for instance).

But on the score board, the line where TK's best score indicates 100 boards played, it also indicates that his "Repeat Boards" were OFF. Doesn't this also mean that the ones with Repeat Boards ON, were actually OFF?

Laurent (aka Karel)

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited June 09, 2003).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 09, 2003 06:50 AM            

IP:

Teulk
posted June 09, 2003 10:29 AM            
Yeah, I find the 100 boards thing a little ridiculous...Finishing a regular board pack should be enough, but if there are marathoners out there, go for it!!
I know that there is no way I could handle the time it takes, or the manual dexterity control, to handle that many boards (no matter what the setting)---so we'll leave that for those that think they must!!

IP:

Laurent
posted June 09, 2003 02:58 PM         
Just a thought...give the words ON and OFF in the Repeat Boards column 2 different colours. That way it'll be easier to see who's the best in either category.

Skull Man...something the matter?

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 10, 2003 03:42 AM            
No

IP:

Laurent
posted June 12, 2003 03:56 PM         
I just experienced the same problem as described by TK's first post of this thread.

I had set out to play "Now You See It" from Series 1 with both Repeat and Random ON, in Easy mode.

With plenty of paddles left, the game stopped after board #10, and I got my score (which said 11 boards played).

So my copy seems to have the RBB (Repeat Boards Bug) Can something be done?

Thanks
Laurent (aka Karel)

IP:

Laurent
posted June 13, 2003 04:55 PM         
Please ignore my last post, it's been fixed...
Thanks LDA

IP:

lol
posted June 14, 2003 01:45 PM            
lol

------------------
join the killers

IP:

lol
posted June 14, 2003 05:36 PM            
nei! on norwegian means no! and ja! means yes! I am from norway!

------------------
join the killers

IP: