|
Author Topic:   MP3 Support in RB 1.4
Skull Man
posted April 17, 2003 06:54 AM            
What if RB 1.4 supported mp3 files?
Only two modules by sidewinder to listen on while plaing is boaring, but I love the music tracked by Sindewinder and I use to listen to mp3 files by him. They are much better than the modules and are in 44.1 khz.

Since DX-Ball 2 wont be updatet, I thought there whould be a god idea to make RB 1.4 suppor this.

For the time, my favourite song is
STRIKE A PANZAI downloaded on www.mp3.com/sidewinder

Hey, what do you think aboute the songs?
Are you a Sidewinder fan?

PLZ Reply then....

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited April 17, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted April 17, 2003 03:28 PM            
Yes, that would be sweet. I'm not sure if mp3 is a free copyright, you might have to pay a royalty if you make money from using it, I'm not sure though.

IP:

Laurent
posted April 17, 2003 03:34 PM         
Please don't give people any ideas that will even further delay the release...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted April 17, 2003 03:59 PM            
mp3 requires a license fee so is beyond our budget. That said, you can run a player in the background. Just turn the game music off to avoid an audio mess.

After getting seriously distracted by other tasks (that had to be done), we are finally putting the final touches on the Rival Ball lobby.

Towards the end of next week we will post a link here on the forum so that those interested can download it and take it for a spin before we announce it and make it more generally available.

It's going to have some nice features.

Jim

IP:

Skull Man
posted April 18, 2003 08:44 AM            
too bad

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited April 25, 2003).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 19, 2003 12:12 PM            
Praise the...well-- praise you guys of course..

IP:

TK
posted May 02, 2003 05:55 PM            
Hi, you can play any music you want on your computer while playing RivalBall. If you already have songs downloaded off the internet or have put songs in your computer from your own personal CD collection. All you have to do is turn off the game music on RivalBall and then go to your music library stored in your music player(music match jukebox or windows media player)and turn it on. Then go back to playing RivalBall. It should work.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited May 02, 2003).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted May 08, 2003 02:35 PM            
Thats what Jim yust said, but RB 1.4 have some cool songs too by Sidewinder.

(Winamp3 is the best!)

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited May 21, 2003).]

IP: