Here's the deal:

Board Set = "Camping"
Random Boards = "Yes"
Difficulty = "Medium"
Time Limit = "None"
Repeating Boards = "Yes"
High Score = 693,820
# of Boards Played = 100

After my 100th board, the game automatically took me out to the High Scores/Stats page! I still had 4 lives left!! Why wasn't I allowed to continue playing when I had Random Boards and Repeating Boards checked "yes", with no time limit?

And when, if ever, do you plan to put the high scores page for Rival Ball back up? I've got some doozies, as you can see by the high score given above, but I have no way of really knowing how I compare to other players, nor how much "perfecting" I need to do on my techniques to assure my competitiveness in "Net" games. Any ETA on the revival of the High Scores Page?

On an even more serious note, are there any plans to include a SAVE feature for those of us who like to play as long and as hard as we can for crazy high scores? For me, the real challenge is keeping a game going as long as possible - call me obstinate, but I like seeing how long I can drive myself crazy! LOL

By the way, thanks for a great, albeit addictive, game! I'm certainly hooked!

Kriorska

[This message has been edited by Kriorska (edited January 28, 2003).]

IP:

Laurent
posted January 31, 2003 03:09 PM         
Hi Kriorska,

About LDA's plans for the new scoreboard...you'll find some info in this thread.

You'll also learn there that existing scores won't be accepted by that new system...bummer.

Your problem with the "Camping" board set...I guess the game has a built-in limit of 100 boards, even with Random & Repeating on. I wanted to test this, so I set up a game in the same way you did but got a bit bored after 7 boards and quit...my score was somewhere around 75,000.

I guess the best way to become any good at this game is to forget about "Easy" and "Medium" and dive right in with the "Hard" setting. Do some searching on this Forum and you'll find some good pointers.

Hope this helped. See you on the scoreboard...

IP:

Laurent
posted January 31, 2003 03:17 PM         
Kriorska,

About those pointers...you might take a look at this.

IP:

coaxs
posted January 31, 2003 03:42 PM            
Sharing your trade secrets.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted January 31, 2003 04:38 PM            
So as opposed to completeing just the set of boards, the high scores will be free for alls completing random boards. That's how I started playing this game in the first place when it came out.
BTW Laurent, how has your high scoring been doing? Haven't played in so long, I can't even get past the first eight boards in any given set!!

IP:

Laurent
posted January 31, 2003 08:06 PM         
coaxs,
>>>Sharing your trade secrets.<<<
That's me man, wanna learn how to sell cars?

Teulk,
I hope that scores with Random and/or Repeating "on" will NOT be allowed in the new system.
Right now, I'm not really playing. I'm waiting for the new scoreboard...EAGERLY !!!!

Kriorska,
I repeated the test (your set-up) in easy mode. You're right, after completing 100 boards, you're given a score and that's it. But I can tell you, both Random and Repeating "on" is pure self-torture...

IP:

Teulk
posted February 01, 2003 02:38 PM            
Yeah, it would be nice to see what format it will follow first, before settling in to try and reach any new scores.
Personally, I don't expect to be on it anytime soon...

IP:

Kriorska
posted February 01, 2003 07:24 PM            
Holy cows, Batman! And here my hubby thought I was hardcore over this game! LOL

If I understood the replies correctly, ya'll play the "hard" setting with some sort of time limit...is this right? I wish I could handle the tiny ball, but as I am no spring chicken, the eyes aren't what they used to be, and "tracking" that tiny ball gave me a migraine when I tried it. My eyes just refuse to focus that quickly anymore - roflol. Ah, the price we pay for the wisdom of age ;-).

Thanks again for all your replies and help. I did find a few bits from the "pointers" thread that will probably add to my enjoyment of the game.

BTW, anyone know if they ever intend to add the "SAVE" feature? I realize you RB aficianados probably don't need it, but I sure do....I've left the game running for a week at a time, pausing the thing overnight and when I'm at work just so I can keep torturing myself! (And here I am calling ya'll hardcore - giggle). I just hate ending a game before I run out of lives.

Thanks again!

Kriorska

IP:

Teulk
posted February 01, 2003 11:32 PM            
Not a time limit...just one complete set of boards. If there's ten, then just those ten (in order), twenty...you get the picture.
BTW, IMHO, anyone who leaves the game running all night or over the week can consider themselves a "hard-core" player. That's one thing I've never tried. Just play 'em all at once and get it over with.
Nice going..
Regarding the "save" feature, no news as of yet...but, yes, I'm hoping for it as well.

IP:

Laurent
posted February 02, 2003 02:32 AM         
That's right...my settings are Hard with Random, Repeat & Time Limit "off". (I tried Impossible a couple of times but that proved, well......rather impossible.

LDA repeatedly stated that they wouldn't create a save-feature...

I'd call you "hard-core" if you'd keep on coming back to this Forum with hardly anything going on in here ever...

IP: