This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Specs for Rival Ball power-ups
erikaotto
posted October 19, 2002 01:38 AM            
Can anyone tell me about all the Rival Ball power-ups? How long do the properties last? Do the balls properties change every time a new power-up is caught?

[This message has been edited by erikaotto (edited October 19, 2002).]

IP:

SonicR9999
posted November 02, 2002 03:00 PM            
I found out there was a Falling Brick powerup in RB....

IP:

Laurent
posted November 05, 2002 03:35 PM         
test

IP:

Teulk
posted November 06, 2002 07:18 PM            
WHere you been Laurent??? Haven't seen your name in ages!!!..Still doing the RB thing too??

IP:

Laurent
posted November 08, 2002 03:50 AM         
Hi Teulk,

I know, my last post here was way back in december 2001 (about some new version eating up your high scores...).

Oh well, there was a time when you could check for new messages on this forum several times a day, instead of just once every few weeks. The test-post above was to see if I remembered my password correctly

I haven't played RB or DXB for ages. Is RB Series #2 any good?

Hey....I see they've removed the old High Scores page...to be replaced by an "Online High Scores page". Sounds promising. I hope we'll be able to upload "old scores" Do you have any idea when this will be implemented for RB? Can anybody from LDA give us a hint on the schedule?

Hell, I think I'll give the old paddle another try later today. I'll let you know if I'm still any good (come to think of it, I never really completed "Quantum Journey")

See you later, Teulk. Hope you're doing OK.

My regards to all the others too...Jim, Wendy, Dylon (if you're still there...), etc.

IP:

Teulk
posted November 08, 2002 11:37 AM            
Hey and howdy back!! Good to hear from you...haven't been playing RB much myself (kinda caught up in this tank thing )..mailed high scores to Jim about every six months after I contacted you, then I gave up!!!
Apparently, they've just finished setting up shop here in Toronto ( that must have been some set-up!!), so hopefully we'll hear more from them in the near future.
Haven't done much of anything with RB or RBII, so I'm not much help there. It's gotten so the kids have most of my high scores beat!!!
Again, good to hear from you...stay in touch

IP:

Laurent
posted November 15, 2002 12:44 PM         
I've bought the RB Series #2, nice sets, and a tad more difficult too.

LDA, any news on a date for the new High Score system for RivalBall?

Thanks in advance.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted November 15, 2002 02:33 PM            
Hi,

Our current schedule is:

1. Convert Tread Marks to a downloadable

This should be finished by the end of next week.

2. Add online scoring to Triangle Trifle.

We should also be ready late next week.

3. Make the PC version of Stone Cutter

This should be finished by Chistmas and will have online scoring.

4. Add on-line scoring to Rival Ball which will include creating a lobby server to make it easier to find and connect to opponents.... We will also simplify the number of scores tables by combining difficulty levels under each board-set name. Each set will look similar to the Vortiball tables with displays for top 10 and top 100.

This should be finished by mid January.

Jim

IP:

Teulk
posted November 15, 2002 02:47 PM            
HAllelujah!! Maybe finally get some scores posted!!! Any news is good news!!!

IP:

Laurent
posted November 15, 2002 03:05 PM         
Thanks for your reply Jim!
I can hardly wait. I hope a lot of people will appreciate the new possibilities.

IP:

Skull Man
posted December 13, 2002 02:21 PM            
Me and my friend was the first ones on the Triangle trifle online Higscore

IP:

SonicR9999
posted December 23, 2002 12:08 AM            
Well, I'm ***REALLY*** busy w/ DXB2 boards, so I'm not big on the RB thing, even though I use RB than DXB2. I must have about 100 board sets and 5 of my own; DXB2 version.

WHY...was it called Rival Ball in the first place neway?

Lemme see... Ricochet, Jardinains, Blasterball 2... I think there are too many Breakout clones out there, even though BB2 is an Arkanoid clone.

Back to the topic... Another powerup there should be is the Catcher, like in BB2. It prevents one ball going down. It gets ricocheted back and it disappears. 2) Like in Ricochet, there should be missles too. Having the Laser, Fire/Ice Ball, and Rail Ball powerups simintaniously makes the game TOO easy, even on Hard Mode. The missles would have the same effect as the Fire/Ice Ball ONLY.

IP:

coaxs
posted December 23, 2002 05:28 PM            
"WHY...was it called Rival Ball in the first place neway?"

Are you kidding? Because in rival ball you can play other human players.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Laurent
posted January 15, 2003 03:54 AM         
Jim, will the new highscore system accept scores attained BEFORE the implementation of the new system?

Is mid January still a valid target?

BTW, best wishes for 2003 for everyone.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted January 15, 2003 08:06 PM            
We ended up spending a month more than originally planned developing and debugging our new store. Although that put us behind schedule on Stone Cutter, we're making good time now.... which still leaves us 3 to 4 weeks until Rival Ball is ready.

Older scores won't be able to be added when Rival Ball is added to our score server. We might add some of existing ones manually.

Jim

IP:

Teulk
posted January 18, 2003 03:14 PM            
So that means we have to try and re-do all the great scores we sent you last year? The scores we already had?? Bummer...

IP:

Skull Man
posted January 19, 2003 08:59 AM            
Is there any release info about Stone Cutter
or the new version of Rival Ball?

When do they come?

IP:

Laurent
posted January 19, 2003 12:27 PM         
OK, I decided not to be mad about the old scores being wiped out (except the one I dedicated to Seumas...).
I kinda like the idea of starting all over from scratch.
But please hurry up with the new system, OK?

IP:

Laurent
posted February 25, 2003 01:26 PM         
Hi all,

Yep, I'm still here...waiting for some news on the release date of the new RivalBall version with online scoring...

Jim, what's the score (pun intended... )? When can we start playing for real again? Because right now, I'm staying away from the game, just because the scores I'm getting now won't count anyway.

IP:

Teulk
posted February 25, 2003 08:03 PM            
Good point---besides, I've been away from the game for so long, my skill level has disappeared!!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 26, 2003 01:39 AM            
We're working on it now. It will probably take another week.

Jim

IP:

Laurent
posted February 26, 2003 01:30 PM         
Thanks

IP:

Teulk
posted February 27, 2003 10:20 AM            
Well, that gives me a week in physio to get back into shape!!! Don't count on it though...I'll need more than that I'm sure...

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 01, 2003 11:30 AM            
Rival Ball 1.4 will install into the LDA Games Folder (like our other new games) and will have a scores file named differently than Rival Ball 1.3 (This will avoid accidently overwriting older scores for those who want to keep them.)

Players can then install or copy boards into the new version and run it as a separate game if they wish.

Rival Ball 1.4 will use a lobby server system where players can find opponents without having to type in IP addresses.

Jim

IP:

Skull Man
posted March 01, 2003 04:33 PM            
Wonderfull!
Sounds realy great!

Is there any release notes?
Will it come next week?

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3