|
Author Topic:   high scores
kymbo
posted December 30, 2001 09:12 AM         
i had played every board at least 10 times on medium with time limited 5 minutes, then changed to easy for 5 minutes on a few boards. then when changing back to medium again ALL my medium 5 minute high scores have disappeared. the only option changed was the level, no others were touched at all. version 1.3 was installed a few weeks ago. anyone with any ideas as to why all these scores have gone missing? (keeping in mind that i already lost my scores from installing 1.3.....this seems to be a different problem)

IP:

Teulk
posted December 30, 2001 11:21 AM            
When you checked the scores, were your options set on "Medium" or "Easy"? If set on "Easy", then only the easy high scores are displayed. Try setting the options on "Medium", and I'm pretty sure your scores will still be there.

IP:

coax LWA
posted December 30, 2001 04:01 PM            
Teulk, I think he did do that. Why don't you try it again and tell us if it does it again.

IP:

kymbo
posted December 30, 2001 10:03 PM         
actually, i have tried that already.......i am aware of how the high scores only appear based on the settings actually used to play the game.........this is definitely a case of that the scores are missing all together

IP:

Teulk
posted December 31, 2001 12:40 PM            
Are the scores also missing from the "Easy" setting as well? You might want to check and see if the high scores folder is actually present in the Rival Ball folder in Program Files.( This happened to me once, it's the only reason I suggest looking)

IP:

kymbo
posted January 01, 2002 08:46 AM         
yes the scores are all there for easy level...just not medium...i have a file called Scores.rbs in the rival ball folder, so i guess thats the high score file ur referring to?
sounds like this may remain a bit of a mystery......*sigh*

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted January 01, 2002 11:41 AM            
Hi,

I've been working with the client on this problem as well and so far is appears to be utterly unique.

If anyone else has come across an identical scenario please let me know: support@longbowdigitalarts.com .

At this point the only suspects I have are 3rd party software or hard drive errors.

Regards,

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support
http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP: