|
Author Topic:   Internet RivalBall
Wyt_noiZ
posted September 01, 2001 12:24 AM            
I would like to try a network game of Rival...any takers?

wytnoiz@home.com

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 02, 2001 09:41 PM            
you can check my website, to see if any rival ball players are online. I rarely see any though

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Wyt_noiZ
posted September 05, 2001 01:44 AM            
I have looked, but like you, haven't seen any either.

What about you, Coax?!? I promise not to make any gender screw-ups, okay?

Let's play a game, at least one so I can see how Network Play works?!?

Thanks...

noiZ

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 10, 2001 02:12 PM            
played a good game against Wyt_noiZ. He beat my butt though. If we played the other LDA game Tread Marks, I'm sure i would of done the butt kicking

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Wyt_noiZ
posted September 11, 2001 12:54 AM            
Hmm...Coax, you are too modest.

Though I won our second game tonight, the scores were *very close*. You finished off about half of the screens ahead of me; I think tonight I was just blessed with better "brick drops".

Coax and I noted that you seem to have a great many lives available in Network mode...is there a penalty for dying, and if so, what is it? Or is there a bonus for the person who doesn't die as much?

Also, could Jim or someone tell us what the game logic is for changing the bricks to single-shot when one uses "the rut"; i.e., banging away at indestructible bricks over and over until all bricks go to single-shot?

In other words, what are the parameters/signals that the game uses to determine when to switch indestructibles to destructibles?

I've had some cases where I've banged a rut for 10 minutes; other times where it's been under 2. Is it number of hits? How/when does the game determine the switch?

Thanks for the info...

Ed

IP: