|
Author Topic:   Rival Ball Scores
LDA
Administrator
posted August 19, 2001 03:02 PM            
I've started posting scores on the "High Scores" page.

For those of you sending in Rival Ball Scores...send me a copy of the .rbs file attached to your email. I copy that file into my test copy of the game to verify the scores.

I opened this thread to get feedback and comments....

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 05:13 AM            
You should probally put it on the longbowdigitalarts news page that you added that ne feature. Also, only the highest go there? And also all of my board sets i used random, can they still go up on the site or are we going to make non-random a policy?

IP:

Wyt_noiZ
posted August 20, 2001 07:38 AM            
Coax, I'm puzzled...

Where in LDA's post do you see mention of non-random boards?

noiZ

IP:

Laurent
posted August 20, 2001 12:50 PM         
Coax, non-random is just one of the settings I always use, and since there are no other scores yet, Jim had no choice but to mention my settings.

As to the importance of choosing between Random or non-Random...I don't think that this setting will influence a score a lot, so I would leave it up to the player. Not so with Repeating Boards or the Time Limit of course. Not to mention the Difficullty Level.

For the latter, I would suggest 2 Leagues, "MEDIUM" and "HARD".

I do hope that Jim will post Top Ten lists (or at least Top Five) for each Board-Set. It will motivate more people to play and send in scores.

Jim, if all this seems to be too much work, I would be more than willing (like Coax) to help out.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 01:19 PM            
yeah Jim, let us help you out. Although I doubt your swamped in people sending you their scores. I would rather have the LDA team time spent on developing Rival Ball or Tread Marks 2, or polishing of Texturizer or anything else really.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted August 20, 2001 04:09 PM            
Yes, I'll plan to post the top 5 or 10 scores.

Thanks, I'll keep those offers of help in mind. For the moment, not many have sent in the scores files, which is ok as I'm still working out options that will easily fit into our LDA web-site format.

And a reminder, I need a copy of the .rbs file from Rival Ball or the .hsc files from DX-Ball 2 to authenticate the scores before posting them.

Jim

IP: