|
Author Topic:   Highscore on "Rapture"
Laurent
posted August 04, 2001 02:44 PM         
Referring to my earlier post on highscores, I want to post my best score for the Rival Ball board-set "Rapture":

Settings; Random, Repeating and Time Limit all OFF - Difficulty: HARD.

Levels reached; Completed (10).

Score; 155,135

Please try to better this score OR start new threads for other board-sets.

IP:

Laurent
posted August 04, 2001 02:49 PM         
If enough people pick up on this idea of posting highscores, maybe (just maybe) LDA might be inspired to finally put up some automated kind of score-board. I'd suggest to them a patch for the game that let's you upload a highscore from within the game.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK ?

IP:

kramer
posted August 06, 2001 07:29 PM         
arrggghhhh!!! I completed the game several times but couldn't break 100,000. I wish more would reply so I wouldn't feel like such an idiot!

IP:

Laurent
posted August 07, 2001 01:59 PM         
"I wish more would reply" too, because I'm going to give up coming back to this site all together. It all seems to be for nothing. There used to be several posts each day on the DX-Ball forum. Not anymore...
I just wonder what killed the enthousiasm...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 07, 2001 02:15 PM            
I didn't get this score but my room-mate did. He got 100877.

IP:

Mac
posted August 12, 2001 10:04 PM            
Kramer,
Don't feel bad, I can't make it though the 7th level.

Posting high scores is a Great idea. It makes me play more (Trying to beat the high score,( or finish a board set to see if I can beat the high score))

IP:

Laurent
posted August 13, 2001 12:50 PM         
Thanks Mac

Say, why don't you all just post the scores that you DO ALREADY HAVE on non posted board-sets? That way, the idea gets a chance AND you get to be the highest scorer for at least some length of time

IP:

Mac
posted August 13, 2001 02:18 PM            
Ok, here it is. I don't want to see anyone laughing out there

Completed Level 6 with a high score of 53346

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted August 13, 2001 03:08 PM            
In the next few days I'll be setting up a high scores page for DX-Ball 2 and Rival Ball.

To have scores posted, players will have to send a copy of the scores file to scores@longbowdigitalarts.com along with a note of identification.

It might be nice to put down the date the score was made as well as any interesting tidbits relating to the board or score. I'll consider posting some of that info too.

Jim

IP:

Laurent
posted August 14, 2001 04:35 AM         
Jim,

I can only thank you for this...sincerely.

Please let us know when it's operational through this forum (I hope it'll be soon)

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited August 14, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited August 14, 2001).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted August 14, 2001 09:48 PM            
I've got the page set up now. I just need some files and commentary to be submitted.

...And no one will be turned away.

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 15, 2001 01:15 AM            
If you need any help handling the "potential" overflow of scores let me know JIM. I would be more then happy to help, for free of course.

IP:

Mac
posted August 23, 2001 11:01 PM            
I Finally finished all 10 boards of 'Rapture' but i could only come up with a high score of 94739

IP:

Laurent
posted August 24, 2001 03:54 AM         
Mac, send that score (your Scores.rbs file) to scores@LongbowDigitalArts.com
Your name will be up there a long time, I think.

IP:

Mac
posted August 24, 2001 09:38 PM            
Laurent,
I did post my high score for 'Rapture' . It's good to see my name on a Bulletin Board other then the one at the POST OFFICE. (Just Kidding) .
Your high score looks unreachable by me, but I'm still trying. I'm just going to have to try harder I guess.

P.S. I had 3 lives left going into the last board in 'Camping', But lost them all. Board 4 was also tough.

IP:

Laurent
posted August 26, 2001 05:33 PM         
Mac,
I don't know how long you've been playing Rival Ball (or DX-Ball), just let me tell you that you'll improve with every game you play.
I've been playing DX-Ball for years, and Rival Ball since the day it started, so I guess experience and lots of practice eventually pay off.
And of course, I really follow a strict strategy during the game - a strategy that allows me to earn maximum points from each and every block.

Keep playing, you'll only get better.

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited August 26, 2001).]

IP:

Mac
posted August 29, 2001 12:42 AM            
Yep, still learning. I'm starting to find ways to increase my score. I started with I just wanted to finish a board set. Now I want to have a higher score then the last time I played... This is really a great game, and I think posting high scores is a great Idea.
I still don't know if I'll be able to beat your high scores, but I will try.

IP:

Teulk
posted October 30, 2001 03:15 PM            
Have been playing DX for some time now, and just freshly started Rival..would appreciate all the help anyone can give regarding some of the phenomenal high scores I've seen posted on the bulletin board. The methods of play seem to "some for fun " and then again "some for points". Although I began playing this just forthe hell of it, the points have become my only goal.

IP:

Laurent
posted October 31, 2001 03:54 PM         
Teulk,
take a look at this thread

IP:

Teulk
posted November 11, 2001 11:29 AM            
Thanks for the "thread" lead...just sent e-mail to LDA to post a high score of 102194 for Rapture..however, the diificulty was only medium, but everything else was off...hoping to try the "hard" soon, although on previous attempts, was completely caught off guard..

IP:

Teulk
posted November 11, 2001 11:30 AM            
Duh, obviously, that last reply from Teulk was for Laurent...thanks again

IP: