|
Author Topic:   Seumas Memorial 100 (RB-version) - High Scores
Laurent
posted August 03, 2001 03:14 PM         
Would like to start something here...

I just gave the board-set "Seumas Memorial 100" a go in the Rivall Ball environment (i.e. Rival Ball With patch = RB-version).
I used no Random or Repeating boards and no Time Limits. I played in the hard mode.

I stranded (died) in the middle of board number 39, having reached 310,524 points.

Since there is no way to post highscores anywhere (at least as far as I know), I would like to invite players to post their (true, no cheats) highscores here, creating a different thread for each board-set. If this idea works, I would strongly suggest to establish a set of rules as to the settings in which the game is played. I'm referring to the "no Random, no Repeating, no Time Limit and Hard mode" stuff.

If you think this is worth your time, just start posting, and remember, there's no honor in posting fake scores there's always the scores.rbs file...

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited August 03, 2001).]

IP:

kramer
posted August 03, 2001 10:22 PM         
I'd probably try it if I could load the board. That is one that didn't make it in the transfer. However if you start one for the other boards that worked for me I'll start going for a higher score on it.

IP:

Laurent
posted August 04, 2001 02:22 AM         
OK, I will.

BTW, make sure that, after applying the patch to Rival Ball, you copy ALL the files from your DXBall\Boards folder to your Rival Ball\Boards folder.

Got to go to work now, I will try & post a highscore on a Rival Ball board-set tonight...

IP:

Wyt_noiZ
posted August 16, 2001 06:45 PM            
<I just gave the board-set "Seumas Memorial 100" a go in the Rivall Ball environment (i.e. Rival Ball With patch = RB-version).
I used no Random or Repeating boards and no Time Limits. I played in the hard mode.

I stranded (died) in the middle of board number 39, having reached 310,524 points.>

<snip>

Hmm...gauntlet has been thrown. I accept your challenge. Damn good score there, Laurent.

I agree that this is a neat way of establishing challenging parameters (especially in lieu of my feelings about two-player Rival Ball play - don't get me started on that again ;-)

I don't think I'll be posting a better score any time soon, but here goes!

noiz

IP:

Laurent
posted August 17, 2001 02:25 AM         
Wyt_noiZ,

Looking forward to it. Good luck...

IP:

Wyt_noiZ
posted August 17, 2001 05:47 PM            
*Ugh*!

Don't look *too* forward to it, Laurent ;-) I can't seem to even make it to level 19! And once you've played that long once...well, perhaps it's one try every day or two.

Rival is more demanding than Dxball - more fun as a result.

Talk to you soon.

Ed

IP:

Laurent
posted August 17, 2001 05:59 PM         
100 boards in one set IS a lot. Especially without a save-game option. But then again, imagine the satisfaction when you complete that set. I never managed it in the DX-Ball setup, but the Rival Ball version is more generous with extra lives, so...there's still hope for the likes of us

IP:

Laurent
posted August 20, 2001 01:00 PM         
Well.........I did it!

Completed the Rival Ball version of SEUMAS MEMORIAL 100.

It took a looooooooong time...

All in all, I lost a life on 14 occasions, but I gained a life 17 times. So, starting of with 3, I had 6 lives in hand at the end of the game.

The lowest score was made on board 92 (1,954 points), the highest on board 100 (13,204 points).

My total score? 733,541........HERE'S TO YOU SEUMAS !!!!!

Karel Vanackere
aka Laurent

ps. I'll try the DX-Ball version soon.

IP: