|
Author Topic:   Why Rival Ball?
abraxus
posted June 13, 2001 03:53 PM            
As a registered owner of DX Ball 2, why would I get Rival Ball?

It looks to me like they are essentially the same game...

Am I wrong?

------------------
Morgan

IP:

Spug
posted June 13, 2001 05:23 PM            
That's EXACTLY what I've been thinking too.

Rival Ball is cool, but I won't bother buying it since I have DX-Ball 2 and I'm satisfied with it.

Rival Ball has got Network, yeah, but that's about it, isn't it?
Rival Ball has quadratic bricks. But what's the point?

Has Rival Ball got its name because it's the rival of DX-Ball 2?

------------------
Spug
of the Enigma crew

IP:

SmrtySsa
posted June 27, 2001 09:32 PM            

It's called Rival Ball 'cuz you rival your opponent on the network :P

but apparently the network feature doesn't work properly.

(I also think the quad blocks look cheezier than the blocks in dxb2)

IP:

kramer
posted July 06, 2001 06:10 PM         
actually they are different! the items stay only a brief period and you are back at just your regular paddle. it makes it more interesting. The backgrounds make it a lot harder to see the ball.

IP:

sme2000
posted July 07, 2001 11:37 PM            
Some of the above 'features' mentioned... tiny bricks, time release powerups, well... I hate 'em. The powerups go away? What the hell is with that?? Half of the fun of DX-Ball 2 was getting a bunch of powerups and having a superpowered block blasting machine. Now the powerups go away, and you'll never get that. Worst of all, sometimes you make your paddle bigger, and just as you're about to hit the ball, the paddle shrinks and the ball goes down the sink. Annoying. I want to be able to turn this feature off. And with these tiny little blocks, we really need to be able to turn this 'feature' off. Otherwise one board could take, like, 30 minutes. Argh. I'll probably end up playing all my old DX-Ball 2 boardpacks anyway (Yes, I bought Board Pack #1).

IP:

sme2000
posted July 07, 2001 11:38 PM            
On a brighter note, Network sounds great. I wish I could've played it in the demo...

Sounds like it isn't working though. Another

IP:

SmrtySsa
posted July 10, 2001 08:31 PM            
only some of the power ups die after time

the enlarged paddle doesn't

IP:

swisher
posted July 13, 2001 09:27 AM            
I'm a DX-Ball2 owner and found Rival Ball to be very cool. Many enhancements. I especially like the lightning effect. Granted that the initial display mode could be set to medium (not bright or whatever the default is). I'm buying it this weekend.

You guys may be suffering from classic "resistance-to-change" syndrome.

IP:

Spooky42
posted July 14, 2001 03:13 PM            
Just why was my post deleted?.. i meant nothing bad by it! and it had everything to do with rival ball (intermixed with dx-ball)

that was unfair.

you could have at least replied about it first. but i see your company keeps the customer on the 'back burner'.

all i wanted to do was give my opinion about rival ball and praise dx-ball, but i guess i struck a nerve and you just decided to get rid of it instead of saying what i did wrong.

How about a response to this before you delete it.
-Spooky42-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 15, 2001 02:31 AM            
opinions are one thing..........

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 22, 2001 10:28 PM            
ditto

IP:

Soldier(AU)
posted November 16, 2001 11:48 PM            
Ya..i aggree with Spooky...NO ONE any where has the right to 'remove' a persons opinions...everyone has the right of "speach" and just because you don't like the green beans DOES NOT give you or any one else the right to put it on the 'back burner'
and put the steak up front...if you don't like you green beans...don't eat it then (meaning just ignore it...don't remove it, it's called respect...that is if some of you HAVE ANY...you just say you don't care from it...not toss the whole ****in pan at the table) so..next time..please, just move along next time you see something you dno't like..you don't like..don't eat it..got it? good...now let the people have the right of speach and let them speak their minds or you'll never know whats wrong with your programs...and another thing... the quad thing was a little moldy(cheese!)

------------------
Clan {AU} Orginaziation on Half-Life: Counter-Strike

IP:

Teulk
posted November 18, 2001 05:23 PM            
You guys really have to get over this....

IP: