posted March 31, 2001 01:17 PM
I've bought the full game. And I have mixed feelings.
I like the game a lot and if I hadn't known DX-Ball, I would have been all over this forum, shouting praise (also, I think the price is right.....oh O.K., it's cheap ).
However, I don't see enough differences and/or innovations compared to DX-Ball.
- I'm very grateful that I can start the game in a more difficult mode (I like the "hard" mode). DX doesn't have that.
- The game seems to be more generous with extra lives than DX. Not sure if that's a plus...
- You still can't upload your results to a highscore-site automatically, though something like that had been "promised". A missed opportunity. Competition creates fandom. Fandom sells games.
- I haven't tried the network-play yet, but I don't like the remarks from others who've tried it. If they're right, I think it's a pity, especially for a "finished product".
- I don't feel that "Random Boards" and "Board-set Repeat" add anything to the game, at all. But others might like them, I recall some requests for similar functions for DX-Ball.
- The "Time Limit" might be fun, but only in some kind of a competition or with an easy to use Network-function.
It's a good game, but I was actually waiting for DX-Ball 3.0.......
[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited March 31, 2001).]