|
Author Topic:   ;)
peeeto
posted March 30, 2001 03:05 PM         
first post!!! (even though i haven't played it yet)

IP:

Dreamer
posted March 30, 2001 03:35 PM         
I have, but alas, I don't see a great difference to DXBall2. But then again, it's been a year or more since I played that one, so I might have missed many things - spoiled by TM.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 30, 2001 03:46 PM            
I've played river-ball a lot, especially when no one is on the TM1.5 servers and i can't convince anyone to play with me. Has very nice multiplayer potential.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Laurent
posted March 31, 2001 01:17 PM         
I've bought the full game. And I have mixed feelings.

I like the game a lot and if I hadn't known DX-Ball, I would have been all over this forum, shouting praise (also, I think the price is right.....oh O.K., it's cheap ).

However, I don't see enough differences and/or innovations compared to DX-Ball.

- I'm very grateful that I can start the game in a more difficult mode (I like the "hard" mode). DX doesn't have that.

- The game seems to be more generous with extra lives than DX. Not sure if that's a plus...

- You still can't upload your results to a highscore-site automatically, though something like that had been "promised". A missed opportunity. Competition creates fandom. Fandom sells games.

- I haven't tried the network-play yet, but I don't like the remarks from others who've tried it. If they're right, I think it's a pity, especially for a "finished product".

- I don't feel that "Random Boards" and "Board-set Repeat" add anything to the game, at all. But others might like them, I recall some requests for similar functions for DX-Ball.

- The "Time Limit" might be fun, but only in some kind of a competition or with an easy to use Network-function.

It's a good game, but I was actually waiting for DX-Ball 3.0.......

[This message has been edited by Laurent (edited March 31, 2001).]

IP:

Laurent
posted March 31, 2001 01:25 PM         
I've downloaded and "played" the TM demo...

I'm like totally confused.....oh well, guess I'll just have another go at it.

IP:

dougjp
posted April 12, 2001 10:22 PM         
Laurent, a very complete review. Personally I was waiting to buy more DXBall boards and would have been happy with that.
I'm going to be more positive because I really like this new game! Just look at it as DXBall having been brought into the present era in terms of graphics and sound, especially the sounds.
I think it will take some getting used to, like the gameplay options and figuring out the points. Yes, if only I didn't know DXBall already.
Well worth the price equivalent of an add-on DXBall board set, I'd say!

IP: