|
Author Topic:   Board Pack #1
riff99
posted June 15, 2005 05:59 AM         
Sorry...seems I'm new to the forum. I recently reinstalled the original Dx-Ball 2 and patched it with version 1.2 and all was working fine with the board I purchased some years ago. I then tried updating that with version 1.25 and all went screwy. My sound problem was fixed by all my boards from my Board Pack were replaced with Demo boards and only 4 a piece from the 25 and 50 I was playing with in version 1.2. I was very confused by this and found no help in here, so I thought I should ask about it and whether there was a fix for this with Board Pack #1 and version 1.25??

Now I did notice later that the extensions are different then before. All boards in version 1.25 only accept extensions with BDZ where the Board Pack I received only had boards with the extensions BDS. Is there a fix for this Board Pack so that I can use it with version 1.25?

Also, I notice that the Free Demo download for DX-Ball 2 says version 1.3, yet when I click that link, only version 1.25 is there. Is this a typo or is there a version 1.3 for DX-Ball 2?

Thank You for any replies...

Bruce

IP:

riff99
posted June 15, 2005 06:22 AM         
Seems I finally figured out where to find answers to my questions. The most important one was that there is a new Board Pack #1 with the correct extensions for version 1.25. Seems I just need to recall my address and email address when I purchased it. Seems I have some file digging to do. Is this true first off or am I wasting my time if I can't find the information, which I'm pretty sure I can. Just want to be positive here. The original install executable I receive at the time of purchase was "dxball2packaddon.exe" if that's a start. Here's the quote I found in the Forum:

-----

"The latest demo on our site can be installed and will fix the sound lag. All of our games new default install into an "LDA Games" folder within "Program Files", so your older install won't be overwritten...
The older copies of Board-Pack #1 won't work and will need to be updated.

If you email me with your name, address and email as they would have appeared on the old order, I should be able to trace it and will set you up with a new download key for the Board-Pack".

Jim

longbow@LDAgames.com

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 15, 2005 06:47 AM            
No waste of time.

Just e-mail them, and I'm sure you'll receive your updated board pack #1 within a few days

IP:

riff99
posted June 15, 2005 02:11 PM         
thank you for your reply. I've tried to figure out who to email though as the quote I found was from 2003 and may not exist anymore. I guess it doesn't hurt to try it

IP:

Skull Man
posted June 16, 2005 04:13 AM            
You'll want to check out this page.

Pick your choice.

I recommend you mail Jim McNally in this case

IP:

riff99
posted June 19, 2005 10:36 PM         
Jim took good care of me as you suggested. Thank you again for your help Skullman

IP: