|
Author Topic:   A few suggestion
BelGarion
posted February 16, 2003 03:51 AM         
Haven't played the game in a while. But DX Ball 2 could use a few improvements.

First and formost, a "Save Progress" feature so if one does have the registered version, after each board finished they can save their progress. If by some misfortune they lose they can start over from last save. So if you are on board 49 on a registered 50 board pack and by a twist of bad luck you posision your paddle to hit the ball but just before you do a shrink paddle power down hits your paddle first and thus the ball goes sailing past your now smaller paddle, and that was your last paddle. Instead of going though 49 boards again one can reload and try #49 and hopefully go onto #50 next.

Second: Also important. Put the Grab Paddle ball release on the right hand button *or* the Shoot Paddle shoot button as right hand button. Anything that makes the two opposite. On occasion I'll get both the Grab Paddle *and* the Shoot Paddle which is annoying. I lose points as I shoot the Shoot Paddle off releasing the ball from the Grab Paddle thus only scoring 8 points instead of 20 or more for hitting the same brick with the ball. If the two buttons were different I could release the ball from the Grab Paddle with out shooting off the Shoot Paddle and thus not losing points. Really only like the Shoot Paddle for the end game when you can't hit the one or two remaining bricks and you hear the lightening about to strike. 8 points is better than 0 but rather get 20+ you know?

Third: I noticed in the new version it doesn't allow the user made board packs. While I think this is good for the shareware version, and like other games, such as Doom or Quake, a nessisary. I think like these other games, the Registered version should allow one to play user made boards as well, they paid for the game. Something to tempt the people into buying the game, a replayablity factor that is nearly infinite, they can play again and again and again with out getting tired of it. Also encourage the users to make boards for the Registered version and keep the game alive and interesting.

Beyond that, keep up the good work.

BelGarion

[This message has been edited by BelGarion (edited February 16, 2003).]

IP:

Skull Man
posted February 16, 2003 07:54 AM            
I don't think DX-Ball 2 whould be more updated because Seumas made it and it should be leaved as is. (?)
But maby RivalBall whould get some new feathures when the new version with lobby comes.

[This message has been edited by Skull Man (edited February 16, 2003).]

IP:

BelGarion
posted February 16, 2003 08:13 AM         
There is that, yes, but having been playing Rival Ball it, at least for me, fell short of DX Ball 2... Most annoying is having power ups just vanish after a short period of time. Probably just because I am so used to DX Ball 2. But, I say, in his memory let us make this the best game possible and not let his dream fade away into history? But it is up to the coders who still maintain his code.

BelGarion

IP:

Skull Man
posted February 16, 2003 02:58 PM            
I agree.

IP: