|
Author Topic:   Highscores
Jimmie
posted December 29, 2001 07:42 AM            
Somehow all the folders in the Dx-ball2 map was deleted (I suspect my sister). So I copy the folders that was missing from my other computer (we have two pc's), hopping that the highscoers would be there.
But they was gone. I stil wake up in the nights and cry...
The good thing is that we had wrote down our top three on every board.
My question is, can I somehow write in the top three to our new empty High Score list?
Witch program can I use to open the *.hsc files?

Very thankful for a quick answer,
Mr. Jimmie Collin

IP:

Laurent
posted December 29, 2001 09:03 AM         
Mr. Jimmie Collin,

With all due respect...I don't think you put forward a very intelligent question there.

IP:

coax LWA
posted December 29, 2001 04:57 PM            
cut him some slack, he seems young Laurent. maybe hes just learning how to write?

[This message has been edited by coax (edited December 29, 2001).]

IP:

Laurent
posted December 29, 2001 08:26 PM         
OK Coax...

Hey, I'm really getting curious...what's the "LWA" stand for?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 29, 2001 09:05 PM            
Well, although i love DX-Ball and Rival Ball. I'm a much bigger fan of LDA's game Treadmarks. LWA stands for Lone Wolf Alliance and its one of the clans in Treadmarks. I've been using the 'coax LWA' more often now that Jim has decided to make me an administrator. I don't want people thinking I'm somehow associated with LDA, when I'm not, on this bboard so i typically will use the coax LWA name(since when i use the coax name it says administrator underneath it). But, on the Treadmarks bboard i stick with "coax" because everyone knows I'm just a regular player/poster.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Jimmie
posted December 31, 2001 08:29 AM            

I know that the answer can make people cheat with their highscore, but I don't care. I have no intantion to cheat, and I don't want to send my "highscore" in to any list. I am sure that someone has already cracked it.
With a lot of effort I am sure that I can do to, but I don't want to lay that time.

All I want is that my family members can write back their lost highscores. And I don't know with you guys, but I don't cheat my family. So all my highscores will be real. If you wanna cheat it is up to you.

Back to the question. Is there someone that knows how to write in the highscore list?
Would be very thanful for help.

Jimmie

P.S. Hope that I you understand the question. If anything spelled wrong, it is because english is not my mother tounge. There are some people that is not english in this world. Thought you should know that.

IP:

Laurent
posted December 31, 2001 11:35 AM         
Jimmie,

Please don't be offended. All I wanted to convey with my first post was that I wish from the bottom of my heart that such a method (to write directly into the highscore-file) does NOT exist. It would take away all the fun for me.
I did not call you a cheater, but I do apologise if it sounded like I did.

My own language is Dutch, English is only my third language. So, although I'm not ideally placed to judge, I think you speak (and write) English very well.

Hope to see your highscores on the High Score Page very soon.

IP:

Teulk
posted January 06, 2002 10:36 AM            
Is there a listing for DXBall high scores???I don't recall seeing any listed specifically for DX.

IP:

Laurent
posted January 06, 2002 01:20 PM         
Teulk,

This page has as its subtitle: "High Scores for RivalBall and DX-Ball 2".

IP:

Teulk
posted January 07, 2002 08:12 PM            
Laurent, thanks for the heads-up, however, the only reason I asked was because there are no high scores for DX Ball listed!(And I have been looking for awhile now). I figured SOMEBODY has to have some!! ( I do, but I'm not real crazy about them)

IP:

coax LWA
posted January 07, 2002 10:02 PM            
isn't there a character on SNL with the name Jimmie Collin?

IP:

lakeshore
posted January 08, 2002 06:21 PM         
this is my first time on here and although this has nothing to do with the question i have been looking for some stuff on dx ball #1. I have it in full version and i am not all that great but is there any secrets to it. My other half has a great score of 130000 and some and the best i can do is 70000. I guess i suck at it . hope to hear back.

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted January 08, 2002 09:39 PM            
Hi Lakeshore,

Yes, you can get much higher scores if you avoid power-ups that increase the size of your ball and paddle. In fact, the smaller that your ball and paddle are, the more points that you will score for each brick that you destroy.

Regards,

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support
http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP: