|
Author Topic:   15 bucks a map pack?!
Kegel
posted November 03, 2001 10:26 PM         
Isnt this kind of steep? I just bough DX-Ball2 map pack 1....what can I say, Im hooked. Anyways....this is rediculous. LDA already CHARGED for the new version of TM. I purchased the game when it came out and they had the nerve to INITIALLY charge for the upgrade...which didnt do much to the game btw.

IP:

Dreamer
posted November 15, 2001 02:31 AM         
They had (and have) the nerve to try to survive.

IP:

Kegel
posted November 19, 2001 09:09 AM         
Dreamer....i hear what you are saying yet i disagree. The ONLY way to survive in ANY industry is to provide unmatched customer support and service. CHARGING for a patch isnt exactly a great example. It appears LDA agreed and later provided the TM patch as a free upgrade. DX Ball is just another example. Your name suits you.

IP:

Dreamer
posted November 19, 2001 09:36 AM         
Map packs aren't exactly patches in my understanding of the word "patch" as applied to computer games...

Take, for example, Blizzard Entertainment: What do they charge for their Diablo II Extension "Lord of Destruction"? 40$?
Do they survive? Yes.
Do they offer unmatched support? No.

You're not the first one to call my nick fitting, but you're one of those persons who'll never be content to pay what someone rightly deserves to get for the effort invested into something.

IP:

Kegel
posted November 20, 2001 12:26 AM         
Ok Dreamer...I was referring to TreadMarks patch...they made you buy a whiole new copy of the game originally. Lame.

I jsut went out and bought a copy of MGS2 for my PS2. Cost roughly 50 bucks. Production costs for that game I hear ran around 50 million. I wonder how much DXBall2 cost to develop? And what do they want for it? 80 bucks for the whole thing...great deal and a perfect example of why they probably wont be around next year. Too bad as well cuz the games are great. TM is one of th efew games I still play regulary.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted November 20, 2001 12:51 AM            
settle down you 2

Take it to the DDM

IP: