|
Author Topic:   another problem
jeffbrak
posted June 16, 2001 01:57 PM            
When u make the settings for your map with the board editor, when u do the text document for when u end your board set. well, i made one. But when i completed my board set nothing came up but these firworks lookin things. and then when i clicked the mouse it said put in my score, then it went back to the main screen? what did i do wrong?

IP:

jeffbrak
posted June 16, 2001 02:29 PM            
I have version 1.2 (not 1.25). Does that have anything to do with it? I also dont have the board packs.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 16, 2001 03:05 PM            
I wouldn't be talking about the board editor here. LDA frowns on using it.

IP:

Spug
posted June 17, 2001 01:11 PM            
Yeah, wonder why...

They even removed the 4-board limit for version 1.25, now we can't play homemade boards at all

Oh, why, Longbow? Some of the coolest things in DX-Ball 1 was to play your own levels... Aww...

Suppose they are afraid that we with the Board editor will copy the commercial boards of them and put them on the net for download... Oh well

------------------
Spug
of the Enigma crew

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 17, 2001 01:27 PM         
If they want to sell their own boards, they will have to suppress any kind of editor.

ppl, c'mon over to the Tread Marks realm - there's lots of modding and addons allowed over where we live...

IP:

Spug
posted June 18, 2001 11:43 AM            
Spouse you're right....

------------------
Spug
of the Enigma crew

IP:

jeffbrak
posted June 18, 2001 08:34 PM            
that sux! but how do i solve the problem? with the text.

IP:

sme2000
posted July 07, 2001 11:30 PM            
Check out the petition topic (if you haven't already). It's the only real way to try and get them to do it. If enough people sign it, they'll know the demand is there and, at the least, make a "player user-made boardpacks" patch available for a small fee. Which I think is silly, to make us pay for it, but, eh. Seriously, what do all the huge games have in common? A community of fans that like the game enough to make levels and such for it. Then, those fans attract more fans into the community. The new fans buy the game. This is how gaming works nowadays. After all, I doubt user-submitted levels will ever surpass the official stuff.

IP:

dudeaaaaa
posted October 22, 2001 09:08 PM            
I still got dx-ball 1. Where can I get the map maker/editor?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted October 23, 2001 12:29 AM            
what a stupid question to ask in the developers own forum.

IP: