|
Author Topic:   way to much effort for network play
coax
Administrator
posted April 01, 2001 09:45 PM            
I'm trying to connect to Dylon's computer right now for network play. But I can't seem to be able to send him an ICQ with my IP on it, but I can send other messages to other people on my ICQ list, and i had just sent him a message, weird huh. So this makes the tally 1 successful round network play versus altogether 3 attempts for network play. This could and should be made a lot easier.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted April 07, 2001 01:56 PM            
The troubles were partly my fault for having things mis-configured with ICQ on my system.

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP:

Amiga
posted April 08, 2001 05:22 AM            
The bottom line is, The 'network connection' is not easy. (I/We shouldn't have to learn how to use ICQ to be able to play Rival Ball 'Network Conection'.........
P.S. I still haven't heard why I have a 'tearing' effect when playing in the 'windows mode'. (I have a few freinds that are haveing the same problem, They have emailed LDA, but have had no response)..AND again I'll ask about a 'board editor' for both DX-Ball2 and Rival Ball..

IP:

Qun Mang
posted April 08, 2001 10:13 PM         
Sounds like a VSync issue. If VSync is disabled, tearing can happen. Maybe this is your problem?

IP:

Amiga
posted April 09, 2001 12:05 PM            
Thanks Qun Mang, How do I check my VSync setting?

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted April 09, 2001 06:24 PM            
Hi,

As of today, April 9th, the technical support desk has received no emails describing a "tearing" effect in Rival Ball.

If anyone is having this problem, please feel free to drop me a note.

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP:

Amiga
posted April 09, 2001 08:50 PM            
My fault, In the past I,ve used the term 'ghost trail' and 'jerky' But it only happens in the 'Window mode' .. Tom/LDA left a post in another thread saying

'Best guess right now is tearing because we're not synced to the VBL in windowed mode'

That is why I used the term 'tearing' in quotes.
Excuse me for being dumb, but I don't know what a 'VBL' is, or how I can check my 'VSync'

IP: