|
Author Topic:   In Game Mods (Music)
Amiga
posted March 28, 2001 10:46 PM            
I've tryied to add some of my favoite .mods to both Dx-Ball2 and Rival Ball. Some play, others do not. I've made sure the extension is .mod, but they still will not play. does any one have any ideas..
P.S. They do play in 'Winamp' and other Windows 'music' players that support .mods
I have over 600 mods, and it would be nice to hear them while playing DX-Ball2 or Rival Ball.

IP:

Qun Mang
posted March 31, 2001 01:15 AM         
Not sure about Rival Ball, but DX-Ball 2 requires the mods to be 24 voices or less. Apparently, even then, some won't play. I did a search on this board for "mods" and haven't found a clear answer about that yet.

IP:

Amiga
posted March 31, 2001 02:13 AM            
There seems to be a limit to the amount of .mods in the 'In Game Mods' folder.

P.S. I miss the 'Boing Ball' in the opening screen.

IP:

Qun Mang
posted March 31, 2001 12:52 PM         
I haven't looked into it too much, but there may be some common factor in smaller mods/s3ms (and MAY be in a few larger ones as well) making them incompatible with DXB2. The reason I say this, is I tried to use smaller s3ms thinking DXB2 may be having problems with the larger ones. I found DXB2 didn't play most of them. Then I tried 200K-300K s3ms and DB2 played almost every one. All mods/s3ms I tried were 24 voices or less.

> P.S. I miss the 'Boing Ball' in the opening screen.

Fire up WinUAE for the good 'ol Amiga days. I had an A500 myself at one time.

[This message has been edited by Qun Mang (edited March 31, 2001).]

IP:

Amiga
posted April 02, 2001 01:13 AM            
I do have Cloanto's "Amiga Forever" installed on my PC. (Amiga Emulator)It's Great. (I have my Amiga 500 inside my PC; all files and programs) It has the look and feel of the Amiga A500. And with a 728 MHz AMD chip, it runs almost as fast as my Amiga A500 with a 68030. I can even play MegaBall

IP: