|
Author Topic:   Rival Ball + Network Connection
Amiga
posted March 24, 2001 06:25 PM            
Does the Network Game part of Rival ball work? Every time I try it, it says 'Waiting for connection' and I wait.

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted March 24, 2001 09:26 PM            
Jim and the gang had to leave before they fully filled me in on the network play aspect of Rival Ball.

I know that it is fully functional and that you will need to enter the IP address of your opponent where it says "Opponent IP".

I'm interested in trying a network game myself, if anyone wants to give it a go drop me an email at support@longbowdigitalarts.com.

Regards,

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP:

Amiga
posted March 25, 2001 02:17 AM            
IP Address? how does one find his/hers IP address?

IP:

_MacRane
posted March 25, 2001 02:27 AM         
IP address
(Internet Protocol address) The address of a computer attached to a TCP/IP network. Every client and server station must have a unique IP address. Client workstations have either a permanent address or one that is dynamically assigned to them each dial-up session. IP addresses are written as four sets of numbers separated by periods; for example, 204.171.64.2.The TCP/IP packet uses 32 bits to contain the IP address, which is made up of a network and host address (netid and hostid). The more bits used for network address, the fewer remain for hosts. Certain high-order bits identify class types and some numbers are reserved.

[This message has been edited by _MacRane (edited March 25, 2001).]

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted March 25, 2001 03:06 PM            
To locate your IP addreses for Internet play do the following:

Make sure you're logged onto the Internet...

For Windows 9x go to Start -> Run -> Type "winipcfg" and click ok.

For Windows 2000 just double-click on the connection icon in your system tray and choose details.

Once you have your IP address you will have to send it to your opponent (or visa versa). An instant messaging program is really handy for this

If you use a dial-up connection your IP address will change each time you log on to the Internet. If you have a permanent connection, such as T1, DSL or Cable your IP should stay static.

Regards,

Dylon

--
Longbow Digital Arts Technical Support http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/

IP:

Laurent
posted March 25, 2001 05:54 PM         
I would like to try this game in Network mode (I never played anything over the Internet before). But I'm in Europe...so I hope to find someone who's able to play when I am.

Please E-mail me, so I can try this.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2001 08:09 PM            
dylon send me your icq # so we can try this network connection out. Or let me know the IP and time you will be on. I'll be free most of this week

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Amiga
posted March 26, 2001 09:01 PM            
Is there any plans of having an 'Instant Message'ing with Rival Ball? It would make life alot easier.
Or something like Mircosofts 'Gameing Zone' where you can go to a site and find someone to play. http://zone.msn.com/

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 26, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 26, 2001 10:42 PM            
I'm on-line alot heres my icq # 77548048 let me know when you guys are on so we can play a few rounds

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Amiga
posted March 26, 2001 10:52 PM            
coax, I don't have a icq # , but here is my IP address. xxx.xxx.x.xx
One second thought, maybe it's not a good idea for me to leave my IP address here. SO, I deleted my IP address.
I'm downloading ICQ, hopefully i'll see you useing ICQ

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 26, 2001).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 26, 2001 11:05 PM            
This manual method is meant to be replaced by a more advanced auto-connect method...perhaps somthing like GameSpy or something else we set up ourselves, or perhaps something with a publisher or network site.

We have a booth at E3 and will be showing Rival Ball there along with the Tread Marks PS2.

For now, we'll monitor Rival Ball but be focussing our development efforts back to the PlayStation 2

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 27, 2001 12:32 AM            
Amiga and I just finished playing network Rival Ball. Sorry Jim but we saw some things that just weren't up to the standards we would like to see the game at or maybe assumed the game would be at. Some things we really didn't like were.

• Way to difficult to connect to other human players (took me and Amiga 2 trys to figure it out, TM doesn't have this problem)
  • We would like to see the other players ball, paddle, bonuses.
  • and in-game chat would also be nice, because it was to difficult to be playing and then answering the ICQ message.

------------------
TM Bios

IP:

Amiga
posted March 27, 2001 12:45 AM            
It's good to see the money I spent on Dx-Ball2/Memorial pack and Rival Ball is being spent to improve Tread Marks, and for porting Tread Marks to the PlayStation2.

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 27, 2001).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 27, 2001 02:28 AM            
Yes, I think we'll have to plan on extending the network play as it does seem cumbersome.

As to the paddle and ball...with all the information passing back and forth we were concerned that lag would become a problem, as many players will be on low bandwidth.

Rival Ball won't be ignored while we work on Tread Marks.

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 27, 2001 03:17 AM            
Tread Marks has a netrate setting. Couldn't the same idea be implemented so that the user could decide how much bandwidth they want to be giving towards details. Just have the default setting at the level its at and up the netrate to the level the user wants.

------------------
TM Bios

IP: