|
Author Topic:   Rival Ball paddle size
joemyers
posted March 20, 2001 02:46 AM            
My paddle doesn't shrink when I catch the shrink and megashrink.?????

IP:

_MacRane
posted March 20, 2001 02:54 AM         
Make sure your not playing in the 'kid-mode' On the main screen, press 'F4' Difficulty: so that it says 'Normal' not 'Kid-Mode'

IP:

joemyers
posted March 20, 2001 03:10 AM            
I'm playing in hard mode. By the way, I forgot to mention, this is the full version, not the demo.

IP:

LDA Kusari
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 08:05 AM            
Yes, the paddle will only shrink smaller than "standard" size at the hard and impossible settings.

Dylon
--
LDA Technical Support

IP:

joemyers
posted March 20, 2001 02:46 PM            
Thats what I want, but the paddle doesn't shrink. It does shrink in the demo.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 03:55 PM            
We just checked the full version...and it seems ok...

...watch for it again...and let us know.

Jim

IP:

joemyers
posted March 20, 2001 03:55 PM            
I must have been doing somthing wrong, it is working right now.

Joe Myers

IP:

Amiga
posted March 20, 2001 06:29 PM            
I just downloaded the demo of Rival Ball.. I LIKE it.. It has a lot of great features. Just one question: The ball and power ups don't move as smoothy as in Dx-ball2 (they are 'jerky') Is anyone else having this problem, or is it on my end?
I have a 750 MHZ AMD and a G-Force graphics card with I believe ,8megs on the cardand 128 megs of ram.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 20, 2001 07:06 PM            
Amiga...Your system sounds solid enough...which Windows OS are you using?

Grab the latest detonator drivers from nvidia, if you don't already have them.

In general, we usually hear of jerkiness when utilities are running in the background, but then I'd expect DX-Ball 2 to be effected too.

When we run Rival Ball on our P133 it gets choppy, but it's the same for DX-Ball 2 ...It's partly that we're accustomed to running on PIII systems.

Rival Ball is fresh off the block, so we'll be watching closely for problems, as we can only test on a limited number of system configurations.

The feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

IP:

Amiga
posted March 20, 2001 07:25 PM            
Jim,
Thanks for the quick reply. Dx-ball2 runs fine, I did a 'cold boot' and stopped all programs running in the back ground, thinking that some other program was causing the problem .. still the same. Maybe 'jerky' isn't the right term, the ball and power up look 'blurry' .One step up from 'jerky'. I'll check for an update on the driver and I will let you know. Also, I have a pentium 366 in the other room, I'll try it on that one.

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 20, 2001).]

IP:

Amiga
posted March 20, 2001 10:03 PM            
Jim,
I runs fine on the 366 Mhz computer with the pentium chip. It also has a cheaper graphics card. I downloaded the update driver for my g-force graphics card, no difference. I'm running at 81.4k/100 HZ display 1024x768 true color 32 bit. It still looks 'blurry' or 'ghost trail'

P.S Windows 98

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 20, 2001).]

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted March 21, 2001 12:01 AM            
Now that's interesting....

We have one AMD system, a 650 Athalon with an ATI 128 card. We also have GeForce cards running on PIII systems.

Neither system has given us problems, although the Athalon system was very flaky until it was upgraded to Windows 2000.

It does sound like video drivers, but with DX-Ball 2 looking ok....hmmm

We are running GeForce cards ourselves, although under NT or 2000.

Our only 98 system is a PII 350 with a nothing card, and it works fine too.

I'm discussing it with Tom now. We'll dig around a bit...

Jim

IP:

Amiga
posted March 21, 2001 01:39 AM            
Jim,
Don't know if this will help, but it definitely a 'ghost trail' . The faster the ball moves, the worse the trail. (I can count 2 Balls following the main ball.) If I get an 8 ball power up, the trails are so bad I don't know what is a ball or a 'ghost'.

[This message has been edited by Amiga (edited March 21, 2001).]

IP:

Amiga
posted March 21, 2001 06:35 PM            
I just noticed that it only happens when i play in the 'windowed' mode. If I play it 'full screen' it is fine

IP:

LDATom
Administrator
posted March 22, 2001 05:19 AM            
Best guess right now is tearing because we're not synced to the VBL in windowed mode. Most of us are going to be at a conference through the weekend, so you won't here anything from us till we get back and have a chance to try some more things. Right now I'm rather puzzled.

Tom

IP:

Amiga
posted March 29, 2001 12:29 AM            
LDA/Tom
Just wondering if anyone was able to fiqure out why i have a 'tearing' effect when in the 'window' mode of Rival Ball.

P.S. here is an update of my hareware: 3D Force B-32 Plus, NiVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64; Monitor: Dell D1226h ; Memory: 128 Ram; AMD K7 Processor @ 728 MHz; Windows 98

IP: