|
Author Topic:   Board set does not work
jkettgen
posted February 20, 2001 09:04 PM            
In Feb of 1999 I purchased the DX-Ball 2 Board Pack. Since I reinstalled the game on a new system, te boards do not work. It seems like the Game does not recognize the boards. Can you please help me

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 20, 2001 09:20 PM            
These are the basic installation:

1st... download the free game/demo file from our web-site? ...it's called dxb2game-125.exe It's about 2.07 megs in size. You can find that file on our DX-Ball 2 page at our web-site... www.LongbowDigitalArts.com

Once you have that file downloaded, all you have to do is double-click the file to "open" it up. As it's an .exe file it will run instead of opening.

It runs an installer program.

Just click yes to all the questions and the game will install itself nicely in a default location.

Now, try running the game from either the shortcut or from the "start" menu. It should run OK giving you a fully functional game of DX-Ball 2 to play....but....there will only be four boards available on each of the six levels, for a total of 24 boards.

Now you are set to add the board-pack.

Quit the game, and locate the board-pack.

Simply double-click on the board-pack...to open it...which will run an installer for the board-pack.

If you click through the install...the board-pack will find the game and add the boards.

Now, run the game again, exactly the same way as before. This time you should see extra boards in the menu.

Repeat for each board-pack....

Regards,

Jim

P.S. If you have the full game running, then you can download the music from our web-site [Free] and add it to the game, in the same way that you added the board-pack.

IP:

jkettgen
posted February 21, 2001 10:52 AM            
I have done all of the above, but there seem to be 2 different extention *.bds (each at 24kb), and *.bdz (each at 7kb). Is there a fix available to get the program to read the correct extentions? Thanks

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 21, 2001 11:43 AM         
Version 1.2 of DXBall2 will read .bdz and .bds extensions. Version 1.25 will only read .bdz extensions.

Gm Rpr

IP:

Soiden
posted February 22, 2001 02:58 AM            
Isn't that bad?

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 22, 2001 06:09 PM         
I know that it is possible to intall v1.25 of DXBall2 and replace the DXBall2.exe v1.25 with the DXBall2.exe v1.2 file. v1.2 will read the bdz files from the 1.25 install as well as read the bds files.

IP:

bkuch
posted March 06, 2001 02:39 AM         
I recently had the same problem and wrote to tech support at the longbow site and they sent me an updated board pack and it worked.

IP: