|
Author Topic:   DX-Ball 3
[ShockWave]
posted February 04, 2001 05:38 PM         
It would be cool with a DX-Ball 3, will it come any DX-Ball 3?

-------------------------------------------
It would also be good if you ported DX-Ball (1 & 2) to Linux, Mac, and Amiga.

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted February 04, 2001 06:34 PM            
Looking for an Amiga version of DX-Ball? Do a search for Megaball. Should be about the same for the Amiga, same authors. AFAIK DX-Ball 1 was/is the PC port of Megaball.

IP:

Soiden
posted February 11, 2001 04:04 AM            
If there is going to be a DX-ball 3, I think a lot of things must be added or changed. A save/load option colus be the best. An level editor that can be updated as the game. New features, blocks, items, etc. Maybe the option for add bosses to some levels.

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 23, 2001 04:55 AM         
How about something where you have a certain amount of time to break all the bricks in order to get to the next level. And maybe even have it deduct points for each second you go over the time limit. The scores could include the time in which the person took to get that score.

To me that would be kind of interesting. Trying to beat someone elses score, but trying to beat it in less time then they did.

Anyways...That may all be stupid to some people but I'm just thinking outloud.

-= Gm Rpr =-

IP:

[ShockWave]
posted March 06, 2001 12:46 AM         
yeah with a feature, with high scores, that gets uploaded to the server automatically...

And a ranking table or something, and "hall of fame" players =)

------------------
// [ShockWave]

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted March 06, 2001 11:47 AM         
I already mentioned that about the high-scores server in another post. I forget where though.

I don't think it would happen any time soon because of time. It would most likely take a while for LDA to set up something like that and it will take time away from them working on other things. Then after they have a server to upload scores to they'll have to incorporate the high-score feature into dxball.

-= Gm Rpr =-

IP:

Spug
posted May 24, 2001 05:13 AM            
Does anyone have opyright on the DX-Ball game? Can anyone make a sequel (DX-Ball 3) ?

Just wondering. It would be cool making a DX-Ball game. If I can't, I could just make another Breakout game...

------------------
Spug
of the Enigma crew

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted May 24, 2001 09:15 PM         
DX-Ball is copyright Michael P. Welch
DX-Ball 2 is copyright Longbow Digital Arts

I don't know if the title is copyrighted but the code most likely is.

-= Gm Rpr =-

IP:

Spug
posted May 25, 2001 05:45 AM            
Of course the code is copyrighted. I guess. But it would be cool making DX-Ball 3, that's all I say. But of course, it could just be named something else instead.

------------------
Spug
of the Enigma crew

IP: