|
Author Topic:   highest scores
batman
posted February 04, 2001 09:56 AM         
My highest score on varitions on a dream is 103031. My brother has a high score of 107331 on the same board. What is the highest score you've gotten?

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted February 05, 2001 09:15 AM           
Hi, my highest score on that one is 141679.

Some others;
- Harmonious Maze : 155669
- Gemstone Letters : 53315
- Camouflage and Disguise : 195999

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted February 23, 2001 04:12 PM           
I keep both versions on my computer.

I play the boardsets for v1.2 on v1.2, as they were designed for that version.
I paid for the full game and (all available) boardsets.

I play the boardsets for v1.25 on v1.25, as they were designed for that version.
I paid for the full game and (all available) boardsets.

I am not aware of an "unlimited lives fix" and I will not look for it.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 23, 2001 08:35 PM            
Running older copies of the game is fine.I don't even mind the four board sets that can be made with the editors that have appeared.

Talk of code cracking through hex editing is not fine and posts will be removed.

Sharing "honest" scores is fun...

We'll try to set aside the time during March and set up a more formal scores page....

Jim

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 24, 2001 02:47 AM         
LDA,
I appologize for talking about hex editing. I was just merely stating that the score looked like it was a fake one that could only be accomplised by hex editing.

I did however leave out details on how to do it. Personally I wouldn't post any details like that because it is illegal.

IP:

Karel Vanackere
unregistered
posted February 25, 2001 06:56 AM           
Grim,

I can assure you that my scores are honest and achieved without ANY kind of cheating or editing.

I've been playing this game for as long as it has been available, and have gotten very good at it. I'm sorry (no, I'm not).

I don't see why anyone would want to post fake scores, do you?

But your remarks illustrate the need for a real scores page, where people can send in their *.hsc files for validation, instead of just the scores themselves, as I had to do in my previous post.

I just hope that, this time, LDA will keep its promise, and deliver the page before 03/31/01...

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 25, 2001 03:15 PM         
Karel Vanackere,
I wasn't saying that your scores were fake. Tripp-poop posted a score of a few trillion and looked fake.

One thing that I just thought of is a way to send your score to LDA via the game itself. Where you could select the score you want to send in and press a button then it will be sent to a LDA sever that posts the scores automatically. This of could would most likely take a long time since it would take away from them working on DX-Ball.

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 26, 2001 04:08 PM         
Since there are many people that wish to post their scores and have them be known. I will be making a score board for DX-Ball2. The address will be scores.dxball.org .

It's under construction at the momment.

-= Gm Rpr =-

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 27, 2001 02:25 PM            
Looking good so far...

Jim

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 27, 2001 03:22 PM         
Jim,
Do you think it's okay to use a few of the screensshots from the dxball2.html page? I put 3 on that site I'm making for the scores until LDA gets theirs running and I didn't ask if I could use the pictures. Is it okay or should I take them off and use my own?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted February 27, 2001 04:06 PM            
You just need a copyright notice at the bottom of each page. It can be small and should say something like:

DX-Ball 2 and associated materials are copyright Longbow Digital Arts Incorporated.

If it looks to be running smoothly, I'll give you a prominent link, like those along the left lower margin of each LDA page.

Jim

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 27, 2001 04:43 PM         
I'll put that copyright notice on all the pages.

If I can get a lot done today the board might be running today. Just got 2 things left to work on right now.

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted February 28, 2001 03:31 PM         
The Score Board is almost done. I had to rewrite the code last night so I was set back a little, but it's running smoother now. The last thing to work on is the Submit function which shouldn't take to long.

------------------
-= Gm Rpr =-

[This message has been edited by Gm Rpr (edited February 28, 2001).]

IP:

Amiga
posted March 01, 2001 12:41 AM            
The site looks GREAT. It's good to see someone doing what LDA has been promising for months. and It only took you a few days. (and i'm sure lots of work) Thanks again for the site. I for one will post my high scores when the site is finished

IP:

batman
posted March 04, 2001 10:50 PM         
Great job on the web page. I hope people post true scores.

------------------

IP:

Gm Rpr
posted March 05, 2001 03:07 AM         
Thanks for the comment. I hope people post real scores too. It would be pretty much worthless otherwise and there would be no need for it.

I've already had one problem with someone posting fake scores. It's just too bad I didn't catch them in my log or I could ban them.

I guess if LDA decides to make a board like the one I made, my board could let them know wether or not it would be worth the time and effort to make a board.

-= Gm Rpr =-

IP: