|
Author Topic:   DXBALL won't play-what am idoing wrong???
RHarrison
posted October 16, 2000 01:28 PM            
DXBALL won't play on my pc . I had my sister e-mail it to me and it still won't play.A friend told me I could be missing a sound file ....any suggestions??

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 16, 2000 03:01 PM            
I'm not sure what your sister emailed to you, but you should download it yourself from the DX-Ball 2 page on our site.

Jim

IP:

RHarrison
posted October 17, 2000 09:33 AM            
I did download it from your site. I got this error after I sent in my question "The DXBALL2.EXE is Linked to missing export Audiow32.DLL:148". I just figured I didn't get a good download that's why I got it e-mailed to me. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IP:

Cy Anara
posted October 17, 2000 07:24 PM         
I too get this 'audiow32.dll' error message. Using Win ME on Celeron 400 system, installed latest shareware game and upgrade. Have also seen this file requested on other BBS's. Game just crashes and won't start.

Come on people, this is obviously more than a one-off problem. Where do we get this file or can we disable the call to the dll somehow?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted October 17, 2000 07:50 PM            
.dll files are dynamically linked libraries, which tend to be hidden to avoid having them messed with.

When you move the contents of a folder, the application may not be able to find a dll.

The pathway, set during installation, has changed.

The simplest solution is a reinstall...

Jim

IP: