|
Author Topic:   Win 2000 Service Pack 1
YCANTIGO
posted September 01, 2000 12:53 AM            
I just recently updated my machine to Service pack 1 of Windows 2000 and now DXBall 1 and 2 move too fast to even control them. What can I do? I have turned off the Direct X acceleration and that didn't have an effect. I can play DX2 in a Window but that's too small. I have to get an answer because my wife is addicted. Please Help!!!!!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted September 01, 2000 01:51 AM            
This is very odd....does your system have more than one cpu?

Anyway, what are the specs on your system?

I haven't seen service pack 1 for win2k, so can't try to reproduce the problem here until I get it.

For now, you can always uninstall the service pack as a test.

Jim

IP:

YCANTIGO
posted September 02, 2000 08:32 PM            
I did uninstall the Service Pack and the application almost runs too slow now. We tend to enjoy playing it so we have kept it slow. I would like to find out what the issue is with SP2 that would cause this type of response from any Active X application. My system is a Compaq 5340 with a 400MHZ AMD K6-2 3DNOW chip. I have 160MG of RAM and a 4GIG Hard Drive. Let me know if you find out any information out on this topic.

IP:

YCANTIGO
posted September 02, 2000 10:44 PM            
Here is some interesting Microsoft info.

Q263116

SYMPTOMS
DirectDraw vertex buffer callbacks may not succeed in Windows 2000, preventing video drivers from using the full features of DirectX. This can cause slower performance in programs that use DirectX 8.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000. For additional information, please see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

IP: